Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Its the last day of the month....

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Can we charge Trek in a pro-rated fashion for having the most posts in threads pertaining to site support? He obviously somehow considers what he says in these threads "a contribution to the site", just as he does in attempts to help someone troubleshoot problems. So help him contribute here where it is really needed - funding. However, he tries to say those who are the most pro-active in reminding folks of the need to donate to the site are also those who first threw stones. "He started it, Mom!" Folks, we are talking 5 years ago!!!!!!! Who gives a shoe?! What Trek fails to acknowledge (hopefully) is his constant "do-gooder deeds" in these threads only go toward disuading non-donating members from donating! And what gets my goat is he finds pride in doing so while placing himself atop a pedestal for it!! These threads only go this direction because of YOU, Trek. You need to realize that you have been talking to TWO people in this thread - Jo and Dub - and yet you are recklessly lumping together a group of phantom VXers who have said nothing here.

To that end, you are also helping no-one by religiously calling the kettle black! Just in this thread:

"It's obvious that, even after so many similar discussions on the subject, some of you still aren't self-aware enough to even realize when you're doing what you say you're not doing." BLACK POT!

"It's no wonder human progress occurs so slowly." BLACK POT!

"Something else you all might want to look up is "self-fulfilling prophecy". Some of you know full well what posting the same old types of comments in these threads will result in, yet you do it anyway and then feign ignorance." BLACK POT!

"An apparent need for drama is an all-to-common affliction these days." BLACK POT!

"I think I will decline this one as all you seem interested in doing is going out of your way to deliberately step on my toes...as usual." BLACK POT!

"The act or practice of enhancing or exaggerating one's own importance, power, or reputation. (But again...it's not like anyone has ever actually been counting...right? )" BLACK POT!

Jack said it perfectly, without bias nor ego. Yet, realize this; Jo and Dub are good friends and they typically talk amongst themselves here in an open forum while consuming fun beverages. They both have HUGE personalities that come across in their posts. Guys, you know I love you both. If reminders are going to be given do what you need to do to support that cause at it's fullest. The fun banter amongst friends gets lost on those hell-bent on announcing their spiteful resentments toward what you just said or have said 5 YEARS AGO!! This goes against the overal goal of the original post.
    BLACK POT!

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post

To that end, you are also helping no-one by religiously calling the kettle black! Just in this thread:

"It's obvious that, even after so many similar discussions on the subject, some of you still aren't self-aware enough to even realize when you're doing what you say you're not doing." BLACK POT!

"It's no wonder human progress occurs so slowly." BLACK POT!

"Something else you all might want to look up is "self-fulfilling prophecy". Some of you know full well what posting the same old types of comments in these threads will result in, yet you do it anyway and then feign ignorance." BLACK POT!

"An apparent need for drama is an all-to-common affliction these days." BLACK POT!

"I think I will decline this one as all you seem interested in doing is going out of your way to deliberately step on my toes...as usual." BLACK POT!

"The act or practice of enhancing or exaggerating one's own importance, power, or reputation. (But again...it's not like anyone has ever actually been counting...right? )" BLACK POT!

Jack said it perfectly, without bias nor ego. Yet, realize this; Jo and Dub are good friends and they typically talk amongst themselves here in an open forum while consuming fun beverages. They both have HUGE personalities that come across in their posts. Guys, you know I love you both. If reminders are going to be given do what you need to do to support that cause at it's fullest. The fun banter amongst friends gets lost on those hell-bent on announcing their spiteful resentments toward what you just said or have said 5 YEARS AGO!! This goes against the overal goal of the original post.
    Justin, you said POT 6 times in this post.... but didnt reference Mary Jane once....... pretty impressive
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Larry & Jo started it
    these two causing trouble?

Never...
    Last edited by VXR : 10/03/2011 at 08:48 AM

Well said Zeus!

Trek, never have you been singled out in these type of threads, yet you reply to them and start this mess like it was posted only to aggravate you and make you feel bad about not donating. If you feel that your knowledge is enough of a donation to the site, that's perfectly fine. There's no pressure to donate, but their certainly are some advantages.

I signed up because I wanted a bigger PM inbox and the ability to have my own avatar. Thanks to having a bigger PM inbox I was able to keep all my PM's sorted and sell a ton of parts from the VX I was parting and it made the $20 for site donation well worth it. I'm still planning to donate some of those profits back to the site 'cause without this place I wouldn't have been able to sell those small miscellaneous parts that would be difficult and time consuming to sell on Ebay or CL. Gotta put some of that money back into my new VX first though. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Moncha View Post
    I'm sorry if I did not know that you helped someone else, so that I may bring the proper recognition that you deserve. However, you do realize, in most cases, repeat donators (Supporters) do not get any recognition either, as the system only lists those that create a new "Subscription" unless overridden manually by me.

I will vouch that we have high volume users who "subsidize" the site outside of regular "subscription" donations and do so without quibble and never ask for recognition. There are even some who donate in others' names and wish to remain anonymous. The generosity (financial, knowledge, manual labor and skills) of members on this site by far exceeds anything I have ever seen.
    I enjoy seeing T4B selling things and asking that the sale price be donated to the site rather than to him, that's awesome. Don Moore was interested in a part I had and I saw he had donated that month, so I sent it to him for free. There are a lot of ways people donate to the site outside of the yearly $20 for a member subscription.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by VXR View Post
    these two causing trouble?

Never...
    Well done...

I'm very impressed & pleased that you've been able to move on up the evo, & actually learned to form sentences & use pictures...TOP NOTCH!...

& , are getting a LOT long in the toof.

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    Justin, you said POT 6 times in this post.... but didnt reference Mary Jane once....... pretty impressive
    HAHAHA - Thanks, I did start jonesin tho! Then Dub and I started talkin on the tele... all down hill from there.

I never gave it any additional thought as...
    I should have made it more clear that I was only referring to those that go out of their way to take their monetary donations as apparent license to make moral judgements on the character of others. I've lost count of how many times everyone (not just me) who does not donate to this site has had it implied that they deserve no respect whatsoever for not doing so. It's happened in many of these threads...including this one. So as far as my trying to answer questions/help others troubleshoot problems then asking for some sort of site recognition that everyone else can see, I've never asked for that anyway. I've only brought it up as a way of illustrating that there are other forms efforts to keep a website alive can take for those who apparently think that money is the only thing that makes the world go 'round.

It's just always seemed very convenient to me that the members I was referring to are those who spend the most time here, but will never seem to acknowledge that all that time they spend here could in any way relate to them having a more vested personal interest than others for keeping this site alive.

To the people who are STILL trying to imply that my comments in threads such as this are meant to discourage site donation, I've given up trying to explain how that is never what I've been saying because if they haven't understood by now, it seems very doubtful that they ever will...and IMO, it's simply because they don't WANT to understand.

To the people who are STILL trying to imply that my comments in threads such as this are meant to draw attention to myself, I'll try to explain again. My comments are actually meant to focus the attention on you and your attempts to focus the attention on your monetary contributions. Admit that's part of what you're doing or not, you should actually be thanking me.

And sure, Jo started this thread out innocently enough, but when the second post made reference (no edits) to past occurrences I've been a part of even though I was not referred to by name, I hardly see how my subsequent responses could be considered unwarranted.

I'll say it again. Selective memory.

& , are getting a LOT long in the toof.
    as is this:

i AM the turd in your punchbowl....

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    I should have made it more clear that I was only referring to those that go out of their way to take their monetary donations as apparent license to make moral judgements on the character of others. I've lost count of how many times everyone (not just me) who does not donate to this site has had it implied that they deserve no respect whatsoever for not doing so.

I've never made any moral judgement of you or your opinion, I just don't agree with you, simple as that.

there are other forms efforts to keep a website alive can take for those who apparently think that money is the only thing that makes the world go 'round.

What is used for currency where you live?, pine cones? In the real world, where the rest of us live, server fees, upgrades, etc. are paid for in cash munny...

I've given up trying to explain how that is never what I've been saying because if they haven't understood by now, it seems very doubtful that they ever will...and IMO, it's simply because they don't WANT to understand.

If that were the case, I wouldn't be replying to you right now. Perhaps it's your "selective comprehension" of generating funds to keep this site up & running that need to be examined. You DO realize, that you're the only one who gets his undies all up in a tizz when lagging donations are brought to everyone's attention, not just yours, right?

To the people who are STILL trying to imply that my comments in threads such as this are meant to draw attention to myself, I'll try to explain again. My comments are actually meant to focus the attention on you and your attempts to focus the attention on your monetary contributions. Admit that's part of what you're doing or not, you should actually be thanking me.

More twist & spin, for the lesson on how to talk in circles...

And sure, Jo started this thread out innocently enough, but when the second post made reference (no edits) to past occurrences I've been a part of even though I was not referred to by name, I hardly see how my subsequent responses could be considered unwarranted.

I'll say it again. Selective memory.
    And again, And again, And again, And again, And again, ...
    Last edited by Ldub : 10/04/2011 at 08:31 AM

You guys are funny...
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    WOW, I wave the white flag

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    Yer right Jack..the arguing serves no purpose.

I happily on that score.
    jo

....and get shot in the back as I walk away.

jo

PS..nice to see the donations rocking already this month..just sayin'...

....no finger pointing/single-ing out, or other abstracts....
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PS..nice to see the donations rocking already this month..just sayin'...

....no finger pointing/single-ing out, or other abstracts....
    Yeh, but I think I caught a whiff of self aggrandizignation...

WOW, I wave the white flag

....and get shot in the back as I walk away.

jo
    I've never made any moral judgement of you or your opinion
    OH PUH-LEASE

You DO realize, that you're the only one who gets his undies all up in a tizz when lagging donations are brought to everyone's attention, not just yours, right?
    Of course that's the way you're going to try to portray my responses. You obviously don't know of all the people who have thanked me in personal emails for calling you out on your BS though. I'm just the only person here dumb enough to think that if I keep explaining things, you'll finally understand.
    Last edited by Y33TREKker : 10/05/2011 at 05:11 PM

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    OH PUH-LEASE

Of course that's the way you're going to try to portray my responses. You obviously don't know of all the people who have thanked me in personal emails for calling you out on your BS though. I'm just the only person here dumb enough to think that if I keep explaining things, you'll finally understand.
    Yeh, & the PM's I receive asking "whats that Ashton Hatfield's problem anyway?", are all in my imagination...

But I digress, go back, lick your web wounds, & post another tomorrow.
    Last edited by Ldub : 10/06/2011 at 04:30 AM

STOP!!!!!! Ugh... this is disgusting!!! I find it dreadful that with all the latest replies none of them have addressed the most important reply of them all! Don't just glance over it; take notice to what Scott has said and consider EVERYONE in need of some accountability and some maturity here.
    It is ok, that you prefer to donate your time and knowledge rather than money. The late great Ben Franklin said, Time is Money... I understand that as I weed through the site, trying to keep it clean and somewhat organized and updated.

I've played with different levels and types of "membership" but when it boils down to the gravy, it's just not worth it. It only leads to confusion and angst. We have enough of already.

As a presently employed detective, I deal with peoples perceptions on a daily basis. To see well intentioned posts always turn into this mess because of perception kills me. It makes me feel the site is nothing more than a cheap whore and I have to ask myself, is it worth it anymore?

As we approach our 10th year of existence, I will be pondering lots of things regarding the site and the previous question will be on the top of the list.

Being the admin, I can only thank EVERYONE for being part of this family, for your support no matter the type and that I hope that in some way, this site has brought some sort of enjoyment to your life.
    Take heed and just freaking realize already the greatest contribution you can make right now is to admit your OWN faults and work toward a resolution. This is a great and wonderful forum to be a part of and threads like this are started to aid in it's continuance. Remember that intent.....