Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Its the last day of the month....

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Two people I barely know that live on opposite ends of the country are checking out VX's for me tomorrow, and even more have offered advice and solace in my darkest hour of need.

While not required, my annual $20 donation remains one of the best investments I make each year.
    Apparently, it needs to be explained again.

What does any of that have to do with the way some members go about soliciting donations for this site?

Hell, if there was a Foxfire near me that you were interested in knowing more about, I'd go look at it for you too even despite all the misguided opposition (like your last comments) you've directed at me in these threads. And some of you guys keep claiming that I'm the only person here only hearing what they want to hear. Amazing.

I hear donating $$ lets you sleep better,clears acne and makes you a better person. and clears your conscience!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    Apparently, it needs to be explained again.

What does any of that have to do with the way some members go about soliciting donations for this site?

Hell, if there was a Foxfire near me that you were interested in knowing more about, I'd go look at it for you too even despite all the misguided opposition (like your last comments) you've directed at me in these threads. And some of you guys keep claiming that I'm the only person here only hearing what they want to hear. Amazing.
    Sorry for the thread jack then Trek, I guess I should have posted that comment in my crash thread instead. It wasn't in any way directed at you or intended to reference previous conversations, because frankly I really don't have the time or interest right now to take part in a debate that's been had a hundred times before. I was just overwhelmed at the support folks here have provided me over the last few weeks and thought I'd share my recent experience in a thread that was originally about helping to support the site.

I'll give you a shout if I see a Foxfire near you. I recall how detail-oriented you were from the Borbets I found - that will be helpful for vehicle inspections.

Sorry for the thread jack then Trek...
    Why the apology? It's not my thread after all.

My mistake this time though, although I'm sure you would also admit that given your previous participation in these similar past threads, the intent of your comments and them being made at this time could be interpreted either way.

As I said in your thread though, glad to hear everyone was ok and hope everything works out.

Sorry, I didn't read this whole thread, but what do you guys pay for hosting? I work for a host and we're only charging $10 a month, I could get a free account setup if u advertise the logo and link us somewhere. I won't mention the name so u guys don't take this as a shill since I'm an ex-owner :P
    EX OWNER 2000 Foxfire

Quote Originally Posted by mindaugas View Post
    I didn't read this whole thread
    perhaps you should have...

Quote Originally Posted by mindaugas View Post
    I could get a free account setup if u advertise the logo and link us somewhere.
    What is free about that? We will not pay the price of cluttering up our site for a "free account". This site is not free in anyway, but we will keep it running regardless, some people come and go, but some of us are in it for the long haul.

As far as advertising and links? Come on. No thanks, defeats the purpose :-)

We are all natural here, if there is a need for site support we will fill it. No matter how many free loaders we pick up along the way, it is our joy to make up for their lack of support :-) That is why we will keep on keeping on! We really are "Going Father!"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    What is free about that? We will not pay the price of cluttering up our site for a "free account". This site is not free in anyway, but we will keep it running regardless, some people come and go, but some of us are in it for the long haul.

We are all natural here, if there is a need for site support we will fill it. No matter how many free loaders we pick up along the way, it is our joy to make up for their lack of support :-) That is why we will keep on keeping on! We really are "Going Father!"
    X...wait for it... infinity

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    X...wait for it... infinity
    60% by the 14th.......

...No matter how many free loaders we pick up along the way, it is our joy to make up for their lack of support
    So some will still make comments like this, even after it's been explained so many times, then still imply that it's others who still just don't "get it".

Classic.

That "joy" part was a nice touch too.

You guys focused on the free offer but I was also offering a normal account. You don't even have to choose my company, ANY other host out there is going to be less than $300.

corporate sponsorship to offset server, software or development costs, all of which are very expensive.
    What sort of development and server costs are going on to warrant this monthly cost? The site is using dead software and the original theme. So all the cost must be in the server itself, and $300 a month is a hell of a nice dedicated server.

Even if Scott is hosting the site on his brother's cousin's nephew's best friend's server for free, $3600 a year is a pittance for the admin service he provides. Somebody has to pay the hosting bill, perform basic site maintenance, etc etc etc.

Cool

Even if Scott is hosting the site on his brother's cousin's nephew's best friend's server for free, $3600 a year is a pittance for the admin service he provides. Somebody has to pay the hosting bill, perform basic site maintenance, etc etc etc.
    ...Hmmmmmmm...sounds like YOU "get it"....

I know I'm relatively new here, but this thread is extremely depressing. This is the first time I have ever seen a thread like this on any car enthusiast forum I have ever been on, and I have been on tons of em'. Can we all just please talk about VX's? Pretty please!
    "THEORETICALLY, STILL A TRUCK!"
    2001 VX
    Mods

2008 HUMMER H3

Quote Originally Posted by H3_VX View Post
    I know I'm relatively new here, but this thread is extremely depressing. This is the first time I have ever seen a thread like this on any car enthusiast forum I have ever been on, and I have been on tons of em'. Can we all just please talk about VX's? Pretty please!
    No like = no click...