Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing to your VX this week?

[IMG][/IMG]

new lift new tires and yes i know the end caps are not on i did that purposely

I've been very busy this week with the good weather.
    I painted my fuel door flat black and the Vcross letters gloss black, cuz' they were in bad shape.

The letters are not perfect, but I think they look great. In low light from a distance, you'll never know they were hand painted.

I used the black polish on my hood insert and it looks great once again after ten years.

Detailed it inside and out. Cleaned the MAF sensor and replaced the PCV valve. I replaced my toggle/blank A/C cut-off switch with a stock heated mirror switch.

I replaced my mats and peddle pads with new ones and replaced my center arm rest with a used one.

So, I'm good to go. I only need to rotate my tires and that's it for a while.

Mark Griffin (a VX lifer)

Quote Originally Posted by deermagnet View Post
    I used the black polish on my hood insert and it looks great once again after ten years.

Everything looks fantastic! What's this "black polish" you speak of for the insert??
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Any chance you'd upload those pics to the site rather than a filebox elsewhere? Firewalls no likey...

Hopefully will be mounting the Thule 696 this weekend. Carriage bolts came in yesterday, so I think I have everything I need to try out the Mighty Mounts. I'll take pics when I'm through.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)

Looks Great Mark!

Exactly what product did you use on your hood insert?

The black emblems are a great option for anyone who doesn't have over a hundred bucks to replace them.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

The black letters look great. If I weren't debadged, I'd be doing that (even if they weren't worn).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Thumbs up

that looks really good. nice work

Thanks, guys! No smoking, no kids, and no pets really saves the interior.

My review of the black polish has been on this site for five years now. I love that stuff! It's really the cheapest and easiest solution for the hood insert.
    http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Reviews
    I'll maybe have to add one more coat around Labor Day and that's it till next spring.

vt_maverick, I'm sorry about the pic problems. I never heard about an issue before. I've never used my account storage here for photos. I'd rather be in control of my own stuff and I have tons of storage and bandwidth available at two sites. I just don't wanna take up so much space here, and when pics stored here are viewed it costs Scott a little money for the bandwidth usage, that I can avoid. I'm not saying anyone should not store pics here. It's just something I can handle on the outside on my own, so I choose to do so.

I had three options for the letters. Debadge, replace with new, or paint 'em. I figured if they looked like crap painted, I would just remove 'em, no risk. You could have some fun with different colors. I think a medium blue would look nice. I used primer the day before the black and it actually looked good with the brown primer!

I forgot to mention I also lubed the window tracks with silicone. Lubed the hinges and latches on all four sides with white lithium grease. And treated all the weather seals with Armour All. That's good stuff to do in the spring.

I gotta tell ya, after ten years and 214,000 miles up here in the north, my VX still looks pretty darn spiffy.
    I took these while I was out this afternoon. I'm sure some people still think my VX is some kinda brand new vehicle.

I'm having more fun with my VX than ever after all those years and miles. I can't imagine life without it. I really have no complaints. It's amazing how great my engine and tranny work, and it rolls down the road like it's on rails. Not even the slightest steering wheel vibration at 80 mph. I really got one of the best Vehicri ever made!

Mark Griffin (a VX lifer)
    Last edited by deermagnet : 04/09/2010 at 04:53 AM

No worries Mark! But just remember that while other file stores may come and go taking your picture with them, stuff stored here stays here for others to read later.

Thanks for reposting the pics!

I hear ya. Been there, done that with PhotoPoint back in the day. What a pain that was! About a million people got screwed and some of us paid them money. I have all my files copied on my PC with the same folder and image names. When I upload new files, I save 'em to my PC immediately. And sometimes I copy 'em on to discs for extra protection. I think I have something like 1,600 files stored at this point.

Mark

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    VERRRRRRRY NICE...

I really like your tail light treatment too....

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport View Post

Hey etlsport, are these HIDs (with separate ballasts)?

the headlights are hid with separate ballasts the fog lights are 6000k h3 bulbs but they already melted the housings just too hot.. im back to the factory lights again with orange bulbs.. ive got a new idea but it will take some time to realize

but today i got the dash finished.. cleaned up some imperfections in my previous fiberglass work, got the engine start button and auxiliary power outlets working and got all the dash lights changed over to LED