Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing to your VX this week?

Fitting new Drilled & Grooved Discs, Front Wheel Bearings (Inner & Outer), Seals, Stainless Steel Brake Hoses, Lower Ball Joints and painting my calipers red and its been a pig of a job so far!

My only hope is the otherside will be easier?
    Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

I hope to get time to fully detail the truck, like remove the rack parts and clean down under them, use a little rubbing compound to remove some swirl marks and take off the step bars and list them for sale too. Really for now just cleaning it up, oh, and I forgot I ordered that hitch, I'll have to try to install that this weekend too.

I love this thread. Makes me want to go in to a modding frenzy.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Wifey hasta work on Saturday so I hope to use the time to re-install my hitch & take measurements for the new design (frame to frame to increase the tongue weight capacity).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Well, she's in the shop. Brakes being done and.... fitted for Brembos. If my current wheels will work with them, it's a go.... if not.... staying stock. Like my wheels to much. I should find out today.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    Well, she's in the shop. Brakes being done and.... fitted for Brembos. If my current wheels will work with them, it's a go.... if not.... staying stock. Like my wheels to much. I should find out today.
    Looking forward to pics/results for future reference. What offset are your wheels? With 40mm extra offset from stock with my Borbets I'd think I could fit some pretty massive calipers if required...

The job was completed but now I feel beat up......

my center link had a torn boot and looked worn, so I replaced it and that did help the steering a little.
    Then I gave the adjustment screw on the steering box close to half-turn, and took the VX around the block. The steering felt nice and tight again... no more "boat" feeling
    ........... time for a nap!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Looking forward to pics/results for future reference. What offset are your wheels? With 40mm extra offset from stock with my Borbets I'd think I could fit some pretty massive calipers if required...
    Well, no can do. Looks like I will be sticking to the OEM calipers. For now at least. Without a spacer, guesstimated about 10-12mm, just not enough depth. My Enkeis have a 0 offset but that really has little to do with the clearance. Were the spokes more curved/concave, they would work. Was worth the try. At least I will be getting the slotted rotors, pads, and braided lines in.

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    Well, no can do. Looks like I will be sticking to the OEM calipers. For now at least. Without a spacer, guesstimated about 10-12mm, just not enough depth. My Enkeis have a 0 offset but that really has little to do with the clearance. Were the spokes more curved/concave, they would work. Was worth the try. At least I will be getting the slotted rotors, pads, and braided lines in.
    Is that concave from the inside or outside? The Borbets are concave from the outside, in other words, the spokes lean outward from the center cap.

Tomorrow: Window Tint! I'm not used to driving around without tint. I feel like I'm cruising the Pope-mobile and getting a sunburn every time I drive. My big frickin' tires (General Grabber AT2 275/65/18) arrive tomorrow, too! I feel like it's Christmas and may not sleep at all tonight. I will soon have some very nice new street tires for sale (Yokohama YK520 255/55/18).

Saturday early a.m.: I'd bunged up my driver's door latch while fixing the window on that side, but at least I finally got it to open from the exterior. I think I know what to do to get it working from both sides - all I need is to be able to work when it's under 110 deg in the garage.

Sunday early a.m.: I'm with Bob Barker - looking forward to a good polish & wax. I've spot-tested a few sections with heavy swirls and it's going to be a big, easy improvement. Hope my VX doesn't freak out from the attention of getting it's first wax in years (or first wax ever?) I LOVE DETAILING!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RickOKC View Post
    Tomorrow: Window Tint! I'm not used to driving around without tint. I feel like I'm cruising the Pope-mobile and getting a sunburn every time I drive. My big frickin' tires (General Grabber AT2 275/65/18) arrive tomorrow, too! I feel like it's Christmas and may not sleep at all tonight. I will soon have some very nice new street tires for sale (Yokohama YK520 255/55/18).

Saturday early a.m.: I'd bunged up my driver's door latch while fixing the window on that side, but at least I finally got it to open from the exterior. I think I know what to do to get it working from both sides - all I need is to be able to work when it's under 110 deg in the garage.

Sunday early a.m.: I'm with Bob Barker - looking forward to a good polish & wax. I've spot-tested a few sections with heavy swirls and it's going to be a big, easy improvement. Hope my VX doesn't freak out from the attention of getting it's first wax in years (or first wax ever?) I LOVE DETAILING!
    Here's an idea for when it gets over 100 deg & you need an indoor activity...

Change your av from mustang to VX...

LOL...someone needed to say it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Here's an idea for when it gets over 100 deg & you need an indoor activity...

Change your av from mustang to VX...

LOL...someone needed to say it...
    Oh no, you di-unt! LMAO

Yeah, I gotta change the Av - heck it doesn't even accurately represent the Mustang any more since I changed the hood!

Until then, I'll steal Circmand's comment: "Everybody knows what a VX looks like" So... neener, neener, neener!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Quote Originally Posted by RickOKC View Post
    I'm with Bob Barker - looking forward to a good polish & wax.
    You two gett'in your kink on?
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Don't let ur jealousy show so much, man!