Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing to your VX this week?

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    I have to go to Costco tomorrow or the next day, so I'll see if they still have it and get the info on it.
    Thanks from me, too! My nearest Costco is 200+ miles away. I've been thinking about this since the first time I saw it here.

Seat sliders installed today (Thank you Tom4Bren!)

That Diamond plate looks good. I'm surprised it looks shiny like metal. Might be a project next summer. So how much more would metal be?

The Rodeo headrests look cool too. Do you know what years they came in? Nice boneyard find. Seeing as ours are just vinyl anyway, why not? I know they've been around forever, but they still look modern.
    '01 Kaiser SC'ed VX #0867

Headrests and diamondplate

I got the headrests from another site member. I think the its the mid 90s on Rodeos and they look the same as what I had in my 94 Amigo. I'd put out a "wanted" or hit up a yard. Can't be a huge demand for Isuzu headrests (other than this forum) Anyway, they about double your visibility out the back, which is why I bought them.

Not sure how much metal would be, have to check around on that. I'm sure someone has extra diamondplate, however not sure if you have an air-nibbler or something to cut it with.
    -Wekilled
    douglaswekell(at)gmail.com

real metal diamond plate whould add HUGE weight to the back of a truck as well!

And update, I went to my local Costco and one of the employees told me they only sell the black rubber diamond plate rolls in "season"... as in this isn't the right season to find it there... I'll check on line with Costco maybe they offer it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Barker View Post
    real metal diamond plate whould add HUGE weight to the back of a truck as well!

And update, I went to my local Costco and one of the employees told me they only sell the black rubber diamond plate rolls in "season"... as in this isn't the right season to find it there... I'll check on line with Costco maybe they offer it there.
    What I'd seen at Costco was gray in color. I checked today, but nada. Employee has no idea what I was talking about. I checked online Costco and couldn't find it there either. There is some vinyl type diamond plate stuff there, there are 12"x12" squares.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I felt ripped off for my $50 membership fees!

I didn't think Florida had seasons?

And on the headrests issue, you might PM workmeistr, he has a nice set on his VX.

Weird, I just had a set of headrests in that style dropped in my VX at hallowharrie, they came out of a 99ish passport. Fit perfect. Only they are gray.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by wekilled View Post
    Sounds good. I have had the VX for 6 years already and haven't messed with the plate- so I can wait til you get home and decompress, etc. Preferably hit me up on my .mil account so I will see it.

In the meantime I will run the wiring to the switchplate, which will probably take the longest anyway.

Thanks alot!
    Email sent... sorry for the delay!

Well, I suppose this weekend I may finally get around to re-mounting a single gauge a-pillar pod so I can finally go ahead and blow the dust off of the boost gauge for my S/C. I really should get a trophy for procrastination.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

...they only sell the black rubber diamond plate rolls in "season"... as in this isn't the right season to find it there... I'll check on line with Costco maybe they offer it there.
    Costco is very seasonal & to make it worse, the online shopping is just as bad. Don't worry though, it'll be available again in the spring.

BTW, if they are out of an item don't even bother asking if you can buy the display - they don't allow that in any of their stores.

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    I really should get a trophy for procrastination.
    I'll vote for you whenever I get around to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Now, THAT's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by wekilled View Post
    If you happen to see any at Costco let me know --and I may have to pick up a roll myself to do the rest of the floor and the driveline hump. Carpet is too "domestic" rather have all diamondplate flooring. Here is another source:

http://www.ironcompany.com/diamondpl...ngand8482.aspx

Scroll down and you'll see they used it for a vehicle as well!
    I actually ordered a roll of this stuff (FREE SHIPPING!!!) last week. Should be here sometime soon, I was hoping before the end of the day so I could work on it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    And go figure.... I didn't even start it, heh. Didn't even drive her this weekend.

Maybe next weekend? Hell, I haven't even looked to see what vac line I should split to run the line. *sigh*