Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing to your VX this week?

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)

Headlight gaskets

and thanks to etlsport its been sooo easy.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Weather has changed here, so thinking of painting a few bits of the rear axle tomorrow, maybe tart up the interior too
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

well my squealer tabs decided not to work so I will be replacing my brakes... all four rotors and pads just because i can lol... have a friend at carquest, i paid less than half of what i would have had i just walked in...
    also.. new rims finally came in rock crawler series 98 flat black 16" rims with 33" BFG KO tires.. gonna do that up too
    Richard
    Proud owner of a RWD VX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It looks like an angry snake-bee!" she said

PICS OF THE WHEELS AND TYRES.....once done please

Picked up 4 OEM 18" rims to replace the exsisting ones which were pealing pretty severely. The new rims I have cleaned and ground out all the imperfections on the inside and painted the same Mica Green as the VX. Goin to paint the calibers red also with the two part epoxy. Thinking about switching out the rotors with the zink/silver coated slotted type which are here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT. Has anyone had any experience with this type rotors? Will they rust? Will the pads dust my rims? Any infomation would be helpful.

Thanks,

Soggy

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport View Post
    the headlights are hid with separate ballasts the fog lights are 6000k h3 bulbs but they already melted the housings just too hot.. im back to the factory lights again with orange bulbs.. ive got a new idea but it will take some time to realize

but today i got the dash finished.. cleaned up some imperfections in my previous fiberglass work, got the engine start button and auxiliary power outlets working and got all the dash lights changed over to LED

I was reading about those housings melting...low quality plastic - people have had good results with those home depot bulbs (I'm going to change mine as soon as I remember to go to HD) for their fog lights.

Did you pick up a set of HIDs with HID low beam and regular high beam? How much was the HID conversion? Thats in my future.. the look of the HIDs brings the car into the 21st century, and I think gives the VX another 10 years of looking like a brand new model.

You've got to do a write up on your Dash LED exchange with pictures! I wanted to do that for my Eagle Talon when I had her.. the Orange internal lights (as they are in the VX) are a bit drab and dated

Quote Originally Posted by atilla_the_fun View Post
    I was reading about those housings melting...low quality plastic - people have had good results with those home depot bulbs (I'm going to change mine as soon as I remember to go to HD) for their fog lights.

Did you pick up a set of HIDs with HID low beam and regular high beam? How much was the HID conversion? Thats in my future.. the look of the HIDs brings the car into the 21st century, and I think gives the VX another 10 years of looking like a brand new model.
    I was just discussing this with Scott & DUb last week: Here's some good info from Scott. I ended up ordering them from xenonrider.com, $190 delivered, and with the slim ballast. Fabulous guy to work with, name is Joseph.
    Originally Posted by Moncha

If it were me, to get the most bang for the buck and have the most change for the better. I would make the change over to HID headlights.

Using the web site that you were referring to, XenonRider.com go to this page --> http://www.xenonrider.com/products/h...hid_kits.shtml

You're looking for the second kit on the page "H4/9003 Bi-Xenon Hi/Lo HID Conversion Kit (Dual-Lamp)" It's a kit, contains all that you need to hook it it up. I'm not familiar with the brand or the components so, I can't vouch for it. Kinda why I was pushing the Kaixen, but then again, my luck..... With the cost being half, that's not bad.

Once you have done the upgrade you'll know why I recommend it so highly. Laura says it's the best gift I have ever given her over the 26 years of us knowing each other! After 4 years of using them she thanks me regularly and often.

The LEDs can wait as they are cool but don't make a safety change like the HIDs do.

Scott
    Here's his reply pertaining to the round fog lights:

The Hella Micro DE HID versions are that expensive (about $450+) but the Micro DE Halogen, like you have spotted out in you link below are a lot cheaper (around $150).

The Hella Micro DE Fog Driving Lights Universal (Halogen) in the ebay link right below is # 74527 and are bulb H3
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hella...#ht_1388wt_683

These are what I have installed and you would find in my How To. (http://www.vehicross.info/modules.ph...ewarticle&id=2)
    You would want to change out the H3 bulb to the bluest that you could find as the regular halogen bulbs that come with will be a very yellow color light in comparison to the HIDs. Even with the bluest of bulbs, they will look yellow in comparison.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Headlight gaskets complete and HOW TO is up

I did a complete "how to" on this with pics. Soon as it gets approved it should be over in the "How To" section in the "Body" area.

Before

After

Last edited by Mile High VX : 04/11/2010 at 10:36 AM

Oil changes and new spark plugs...putting in NGK's.

The ones that came out of her were Champion and she runs better now and hopefully the gas mileage will go up...

All the years of abuse has had my VX in need of A LOT. She's finally gettin' some love.

Last week: All new brakes, rotors and a few calipers.

This week: New rims and tires (33" BFG Mud-Terrain T/A KM2's). Cleaning/repainting the Thule basket and installing new off-road lights. Attempt to polish and clean up the headlights.

Next week: Line-X coating for the cladding!
    ________
    red head Cams
    Last edited by phines : 05/02/2011 at 02:21 PM

Paul, it's great to hear you still have your VX and you're back posting again. You gotta be a ten year original owner by now. Please post in the 10 Year Anniversary forum when you get a chance. We're really lacking ten year owners to step up and shout it out. We've only heard from a few so far.

Mark Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by deermagnet View Post
    Paul, it's great to hear you still have your VX and you're back posting again. You gotta be a ten year original owner by now. Please post in the 10 Year Anniversary forum when you get a chance. We're really lacking ten year owners to step up and shout it out. We've only heard from a few so far.

Mark Griffin
    Wow, Thanks Mark. You're right! I have owned this beast for 10 years! I'll post something on there soon.
    ________
    Polish Cooking
    Last edited by phines : 05/02/2011 at 02:21 PM

Quote Originally Posted by crotchrocket View Post
    PICS OF THE WHEELS AND TYRES.....once done please
    they're in the RIMZ N TYREZ post
    or my gallery

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    I finally got the 35's mounted on the dubs...then started whacking & carving till I could do a full lock turn...
    Still have some more surgery to complete before I can do a full lock turn with the suspension compressed, but at least I can drive it around town now...

Lookin' good Dub! Scary to think what that must look like in person!