View Poll Results: Would you support an International VX Meet?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! (Only check this if you are serious)

34 50.00%
  • Maybe, sounds cool but......

29 42.65%
  • Maybe, depends on much work I would have to do.

5 7.35%
  • No! Your strokes have made you loose touch with reality!

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: International VX Meet - Feeler Guage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    12 hours from Houston and 23 hours from NYC.....
    There... Now we can all be equally miserable.

Wink

while I was out mowing today...this thread popped into my skull. Did alot of brainstorming.

In all seriousness... you're never going to find a "perfect" location that everybody will like. Even if you go dead-nuts, central U.S.; you'd be lucky to get a sufficient amount of Easterners to attend.

I kind of agree with Little Beast that Texas would probably be the best bet for a centralized meet. Would be good tie-in with Remembering Tone too.

Also thought a meet in Moncha's vicinity (AZ) would be appropriate to honor him for giving us this "friendship mobile" and perhaps after a day of meeting up & checking out our VX's...those that want to hit the trails can follow Triathlete's lead and those that don't can find other stuff to do...kind of like @ Moab when after the VX Run the smaller groups form-up and roll out to their own trails.

Me..personally, I'd vote for a meet up @ Area 51 in Nevada..right up to the fences that say they can shoot you if you go any further...where the Cammo Dudes can watch us checking out each other's rides...hopefully they send out a chopper to try and intimidate us away by "dusting" us...then we break up and head for Rachel, NV to the "Little A'Le'Inn" Lodging & Bar! After a nights stay...some could head to Vegas or Reno or even Moab!
    http://www.littlealeinn.com/

Or...how about Roswell, NM

If you Westerners would be willing to travel to the East side of things...I can't recommend Vermont enough! I think you guys would have a blast all riding together up Mt Equinox. It's only like 3,848 feet high but it's like a spiral staircase in some spots with some scenic straight sections too. Got some pics I can post if anybody cares too see them.

If this was going to be an International Meet...maybe somewhere in Canada would be more condusive to a "global" turnout?

Also thought of: The BadLands...South Dakota; New Orleans...LA; Branson...MO; Sedona....AZ; Fargo....Nort Da-Kota
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger VX'er View Post
    while I was out mowing today...this thread popped into my skull. Did alot of brainstorming.

In all seriousness... you're never going to find a "perfect" location that everybody will like. Even if you go dead-nuts, central U.S.; you'd be lucky to get a sufficient amount of Easterners to attend.

I kind of agree with Little Beast that Texas would probably be the best bet for a centralized meet. Would be good tie-in with Remembering Tone too.

Also thought a meet in Moncha's vicinity (AZ) would be appropriate to honor him for giving us this "friendship mobile" and perhaps after a day of meeting up & checking out our VX's...those that want to hit the trails can follow Triathlete's lead and those that don't can find other stuff to do...kind of like @ Moab when after the VX Run the smaller groups form-up and roll out to their own trails.

Me..personally, I'd vote for a meet up @ Area 51 in Nevada..right up to the fences that say they can shoot you if you go any further...where the Cammo Dudes can watch us checking out each other's rides...hopefully they send out a chopper to try and intimidate us away by "dusting" us...then we break up and head for Rachel, NV to the "Little A'Le'Inn" Lodging & Bar! After a nights stay...some could head to Vegas or Reno or even Moab!
    http://www.littlealeinn.com/

If you Westerners would be willing to travel to the East side of things...I can't recommend Vermont enough! I think you guys would have a blast all riding together up Mt Equinox. It's only like 3,848 feet high but it's like a spiral staircase in some spots with some scenic straight sections too. Got some pics I can post if anybody cares too see them.

If this was going to be an International Meet...maybe somewhere in Canada would be more condusive to a "global" turnout?

Also thought of: The BadLands...South Dakota; New Orleans...LA; Branson...MO; Sedona....AZ; Fargo....Nort Da-Kota
    A good idea for the eastern VX'ers is to catch up on the way & convoy southbound.

For example,those members heading down from new england region such as maine,new hampshire,massachussets,rhode island & vermont meet up on their way with connecticut,new york,then new jersey,pennsylvannia,delaware & maryland,then those coming from the great lakes area such as wisconsin,michigan & ohio find indiana,illinois & kentucky VX'ers & so going.the ride shall be deffinetly a lot of fun.....was i dreaming or what
    Last edited by Gussie2000 : 05/29/2009 at 10:26 PM
    Dakar was just the begining.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    You must have a BIG lawn...

I still like the Badlands area of SD for a meet loca...just not in August (Sturgis)

Fargo...probably not so much, You think KANSAS is flat?, we too have a large topography deficit...

Seems like the next step would be to post a location poll.

When I had my Starsky & Hutch Torino we all met in PA each year. I never went because I don't want to take a 30 year old car that far. But lots of guys did and what a sight. They even had Antonio Vargas show up to sign the trunks (at $250 per signature). I also was in an Impala SS club and we had local as well as national events. I have found the best people in the world are those who share a particular model vehicle.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    I have found the best people in the world are those who share a particular model vehicle.
    Yep...that's pretty much us in a nutshell...

Since I live in Alaska everything is nearly too far away, but I would be willing to fly to Vegas!
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Seems like the next step would be to post a location poll.
    That's correct,lets choose few states & focus on which cities are most suitable.

That can narrow a lot this quest for the right location.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    um...i know im a little late on this thread and this probably wont be regarded...

but...

what about colorado??? no one has suggested that yet.. everyone likes the idea of kansas except its boring...well...colorado is right next door

we have PLENTY to do...for anyone who wants sight seeing, we have that...4 wheeling, we have that...large places to meet, we have that...central to the US, we have that...we have anything that any other state has, and more...

im not saying it because its home, but because we are central, and we have lots and lots and lots to do...i really dont give a rats @#$ how far i drive, i bought my VX to drive it!

ps- its also very reasonably priced...our hotels are cheap, our dining and bars are cheap, events are cheap..
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    um...i know im a little late on this thread and this probably wont be regarded...

but...

what about colorado??? no one has suggested that yet.. everyone likes the idea of kansas except its boring...well...colorado is right next door

we have PLENTY to do...for anyone who wants sight seeing, we have that...4 wheeling, we have that...large places to meet, we have that...central to the US, we have that...we have anything that any other state has, and more...

im not saying it because its home, but because we are central, and we have lots and lots and lots to do...i really dont give a rats @#$ how far i drive, i bought my VX to drive it!

ps- its also very reasonably priced...our hotels are cheap, our dining and bars are cheap, events are cheap..
    What about nebraska ? I think it's a good location too.

THAT would be uber cool.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    THAT would be uber cool.

Bart
    ^x2!
    Colorado is a great choice too, not because it's closer, but because the state has a rural vibe, while maintaining a foothold in the modern world. Not my impression of states like Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa or Missouri.
    No offense intended to denizens of those states, just my $2.
    Best,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...

Quote Originally Posted by snowtrooper1966 View Post
    ^x2!
    Colorado is a great choice too, not because it's closer, but because the state has a rural vibe, while maintaining a foothold in the modern world. Not my impression of states like Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa or Missouri.
    No offense intended to denizens of those states, just my $2.
    Best,
    Sounds like a very Californian thing to say, man.

I've been to Kansas City before and from what I remember (it was nearly 10 years ago now) there was a good bit to see and do. Seems like this thread has lacked for defensive midwesterner opinions. Is there anybody out there with a more local opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Sounds like a very Californian thing to say, man.
    Thank you!

Best,