Page 135 of 197 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 145 185 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Quote Originally Posted by TheV View Post
    Hi fellow VX'ers. I own a 1999 Ironman with 115,xxx on it. Red and black interior. I haved owned since it had 85,xxx. Its the best vehicle I have ever owned. This website is awesome!!!
    Cool. Yer down in one of my old stompin grounds. I lived in Sattelite Beach back in the early 70's. I hear it's now nothing like I remember it though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Hi

My name is Bryan. I was born in 65 and if you can do that math in your head rather than a computer your in my age demographic.

I have a future ex wife and two kids. Cole is turning 12teen (according to him) in three days. He is all boy and a total blast to be around. He likes his video game but will drop what he is doing to play with me. I love that My daughter is 10 and Classic Autistic. She is one of the things that makes life worth living. Sincere, genuine, and beautiful. She has some very challenging behaviors. But I am up for that. My kids are my hobbies and what I love to spend all my free time on. The future exe: not so much.

I live in rural Iowa and as a railroader am on call 24/7/365 so I frequently find myself on unplowed roads or in otherwise in-climate weather. And missing work is not something I do.

I am active in several forums specifically in my areas of interest and am a mod in one. So chances are good I will be a well behaved member. Not a noob to forum's

A tree fell on my Jeep Cherokee and I now have some insurance cash looking for something new. The VX seems to fit the bill. My drive time is My time. And I think I should be able to enjoy that. Also because of my work there are times when the family is sleeping and rather than going strait home I may partake in some virgin snow till the sun come up. Its very rare I have anyone alive in the back seat (jk). And I travel lite so not a lot of need for storage. The only problem I anticipate is not having a cup holder. But I will overcome that.

I have been searching for something unique. Seems like short of a custom paint job every other SuV cant go five miles without seeing another similar ride. I don't want that. I have researched the crap out of these and watched a gadzillion Utube vid's

I want a Vx. Its just a matter of finding one now.

Thanks for listening
    Bryan
    Last edited by bssage : 07/24/2012 at 07:28 AM

Hi VX MileHigh and Bryan:

XV MileHigh: I live in Denver and I just got my VX in April, I also did a lot of research and spent a few months searching for the one that was right for me. Maybe all of us Locals can get together some time.

Bryan; If you want, I can tell you all about the search and the things I found that were good and bad in my search and what I really like about my VX and a few things that you should know and look for. I am sure you will find a good one.
    I also moderate a forum and am the president of a local car club, so I have two vehicle loves of my life now; they are very different so it works well for me.

Welcome both of you,
    Chris

Hey! I am Drew from Alabama.
    been a VX fan for years but saw one again in person yesterday. I got to change it's oil and drive it around to the front of the building. a real treat. I want one which is why I am here.
    here's my daily driver.
    http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...t/IMAG0402.jpg
    http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...t/IMAG0407.jpg

it's another odd 4wd coupe... I have a type.

Traded 99 Astral Silver 1492 for 2012 Tucson

Thanks for the welcome

I may want to pick your brains for awhile until I can figure out what I have gotten myself into. Not only have I started the addiction to the VX but I have a really bad addiction to my Corvette as well. My wife doesn't know what she has gotten into.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFish View Post
    Hi VX MileHigh and Bryan:

XV MileHigh: I live in Denver and I just got my VX in April, I also did a lot of research and spent a few months searching for the one that was right for me. Maybe all of us Locals can get together some time.

Bryan; If you want, I can tell you all about the search and the things I found that were good and bad in my search and what I really like about my VX and a few things that you should know and look for. I am sure you will find a good one.
    I also moderate a forum and am the president of a local car club, so I have two vehicle loves of my life now; they are very different so it works well for me.

Welcome both of you,
    Chris

Hey gang,

Glad to register here. I'm a wannabe VX owner (looking at some that are wayyy too far away from me, but I guess there's always Uship)

Born and bred in the South (with a brief stint as a Yankee in CT during my college years) and a big fan of quirky looking rides. I had a 82 Mazda RX-7 complete with back window louvers and the inimitable Wankel rotary engine in high school, then a Honda CR-X in college. I was then handed down a Jeep YJ (square eyes) from my brother who got bored of it and then drove that during my beginning work years for awhile.

Recently my wife and I bought a 2010 Kia Soul (back in 2009 when there weren't a trillion of them on the road) and now I find myself itching for a nice, quirky looking 4x4 for the coming fake apocalypse.

Like some others here, I started out interested in the Amigo, but the unique styling of the VX really blows me away. So curvaceous and such wicked fangs.

Not sure what I'm getting myself into (I'm more a computer innards than a car innards guy), but I'm willing to get my hands dirty within reason.

Quote Originally Posted by bssage View Post
    Hi
    I have been searching for something unique. Seems like short of a custom paint job every other SuV cant go five miles without seeing another similar ride. I don't want that. I have researched the crap out of these and watched a gadzillion Utube vid's

I want a Vx. Its just a matter of finding one now.

Thanks for listening
    Bryan
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewsiferxXx View Post
    Hey! I am Drew from Alabama.
    been a VX fan for years but saw one again in person yesterday. I got to change it's oil and drive it around to the front of the building. a real treat. I want one which is why I am here.
    Quote Originally Posted by wh00kah View Post
    Hey gang,

Glad to register here. I'm a wannabe VX owner (looking at some that are wayyy too far away from me, but I guess there's always Uship)

Welcome wannabes bssage, Drew, wh00 -

Just FYI....I heard about this one a forum member has for sale. It's in MS, so it's fairly close for you Drew. Not sure if it's within your criteria, but I heard about it and thought I'd mention it. Contact seller directly.

OWNER is "MACsVX" - '01 Kaiser silver
    181k runs fine body is in great shape the interior could use some work i mean its 11 years old. The engine is super clean you could eat off it. If interested can email pics. Negotiable.

Hope you all find one!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Hi all,

My Jeep was stolen a month ago so I decided to turn a bad thing good. Just bought a 1999 Silver VX with 115k here in Denver CO. Pretty happy so far. Lost half my storage capacity so it has been a challenge with transporting my bike until I can find a hitch receiver.

Otherwise, loving it. The gas mileage is nice compared to the Cherokee and I get plenty of compliments. Expect to see me posting here more often in the coming weeks and months.

Quote Originally Posted by gunbarrelvx View Post
    ... been a challenge with transporting my bike until I can find a hitch receiver.
    Sorry to hear about your Jeep but welcome to the family.

Hopefully I'll be able to help you out with the hitch very soon. We've got the design finalized & waiting for the fabricator to start making them. If you don't want to wait, I've got 1 copy of the old design that I can let you have on the cheap. PM me if interested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

My new love

Whoo hoo! The Vehicross has been on my bucket list for a long time now, had my eye out and had an opportunity so I took it (2001 Ironman with 53k miles!).

I found this gem buried in the hills of eastern NY, booked a plane ticket, picked it up, and drove it 600+ miles home to Ohio. Spent the night in the back with a sleeping bag (love the fold down seats!) and drove with a smile on my face the whole way home.

Nice! Sounds like my crazy adventure to get my first subaru xt.... utah and back in under 3 days...
    Can't wait to get my VX!

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Whoo hoo! The Vehicross has been on my bucket list for a long time now, had my eye out and had an opportunity so I took it (2001 Ironman with 53k miles!).

I found this gem buried in the hills of eastern NY, booked a plane ticket, picked it up, and drove it 600+ miles home to Ohio. Spent the night in the back with a sleeping bag (love the fold down seats!) and drove with a smile on my face the whole way home.
    Welcome...and that smile just never goes away....
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Hey gang. I've been following the forum for a long time, preparing myself with what to expect when I found the right VX. After a few years of searching, I picked one up for $3500! It doesn't have a clean title, but everything is good to go. Now come the mods and repairs

Looking forward to being a part of the family!

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Welcome Ramathorn.
    WOW,two years..great patience man!

Is it a salvage title?..no biggie if it all works...
    ...and a great price/starting point for modding.

Be prepared to get addicted .....

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Another "builder" project

Hey ramathorn,
    I too got a pretty but poor condition VX for a great price. I'm glad all of your stuff works, often times the rarity of these vehicles means any minor accident usually "totals" the vehicle because of the expense of the repairs. No worries, go over it with a fine tooth comb (especially structural components) and let the modifications begin. Good Luck!