Page 137 of 197 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 147 187 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Hi
    Names Doug
    New owner here! Picking it up on saturday.
    Hope to make some great friend and conncetions.

Thumbs up Finally!

As you can see I became a member in 2002 and have wanted a VX since then....10 years!

I came close a couple of times - but finally - I just brought home a 2001 Proton VX! I bought it from fellow VX member Nerfzooka!

I just drove over 300 miles home - and I was smiling the entire way!
    I CANT STOP LOOKING AT IT......I cant believe it is in my garage.
    "KILLER BEE" :

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Congrats....keep smiling.

I've had mine for almost three years and I still open the garage door every night and look at it!
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

HI guys and gals. Im not new here but just a lurker and forgot my username and blah blah so i just created a new account. Since i blew the engine in my 99 astra Silver VX a year and a half ago. and didnt have the money to get another. I knew a guy that had a vx in town and his got torn up in the May 22nd Joplin Tornado. So ive been bugging him like crazy to buy it from him. I sold 3 of my other vehicles to get enough money to buy his and have the motor installed. but the VX i bought has only 52k miles on it. as mine has 178k +. So hopefully in the next few weeks i will be kickin it in my VX again.

I don't have a VX..I have an Opel Frontera 2.0i sport (Rodeo sport i suppose in US)...I like the VX very much and i want to get as much info about it before maybe geting one in the future...I have 28 years..I live in Romania (Europe) in Constanta..

Quote Originally Posted by ashley2010 View Post
    anyone know what the tow limit is for these suv looking to buy a 36foot camper
    Buy the 36' camper and tow the VX! (Tom??)
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Quote Originally Posted by ashley2010 View Post
    anyone know what the tow limit is for these suv looking to buy a 36foot camper
    I gotta second what everyone else has said ... don't do it.

I do tow with mine on a fairly regular basis but nothing that big. Even if the 3.5L can get that much weight rolling, it's the stopping and control issues I'd be concerned about. You're talking about towing something that is 3 times the length of the tow vehicle with MASSIVE surface area and surely outweighs the VX.

Something like this could (& probably would happen):

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...4&postcount=39

Lets take this discussion out of the intro thread if you want to discuss it more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Just received my VX on Monday! I love it! Took it from Spokane to Marysville. Went over the pass, saw some beautiful sites, and averaged 18 mpg. Not bad

Grats & welcome to our odd little group. Trust me, you'll never get tired of owning her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have had many isuzus over the last couple of decades. Just added a silver '99 #555. Its done 179K, but seems to be holding up ok.

Grats & Welcome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi VXers,

Quite a few Stylus/Impulse/I-Mark owners are getting together this weekend in Raleigh, NC for a national meet. Would any of you be interested in joining us on Saturday night somewhere in the Raleigh area for a photoshoot and some dinner?

I wanted to post this in the events section, but I don't have privileges yet. Any help getting the word out would be appreciated. Isuzu family is family. VXers complete our group.

//Adam
    Last edited by highmileage : 08/28/2012 at 07:03 PM

Well Hello everyone... officially

We have had our 99 Black VX for about 4 years. I have done several mods over the years. I will be working on a seperate thread about the project Mods. But this story is for all those who want to know how this rare vehicle ended up in our garage.

I bought my first Isuzu in '92 (Isuzu Amigo 2.6L 4x4), that is where the look for ZU's started. Over the years I had 4 of those same vehicles and drove them a total of 500K. Last one died in 2011 with 300K on the drivetrain.
    I had been following your website for years and doing the research into VX's. My wife and I had looked at a few here and there. I finally found the right one (after 2 years) and bought it over the phone, sight unseen. At this point I kept it all a secret (discovery and purchase) from my wife. On Jan 13, I got up and ready to go snowboarding for the day. I drove to the airport and 2 hours later I was standing next to our new VX, 600 miles from home. I started my trip home, happilly talking to my wife on the phone about how great the snowboarding that day.
    So I arrived and stashed the VX in a barn. Now the next part of my plan is to give it to my wife as a gag gift 4 days later on my daughter's first birthday. I made a cake, but a fake mountain on it, with a Hot Wheels VX on it. The Keys were in plastic in the middle, when they were discovered she was confused.
    Basicly I said the Hot Wheels was for my daughter, the keys are for my lovely wife, still confused she hit the alarm button (panic) and the window in the restraunt we were in lite up and made noise.

She was amazed.... and speechless. I looked at her, and said I got you back, you see the previous year she had given me the best Birthday present ever. She gave birth to my daughter on my Bday.

Hope you enjoyed the story.
    chris

Quote Originally Posted by VxSport View Post
    Well Hello everyone... officially

We have had our 99 Black VX for about 4 years. I have done several mods over the years. I will be working on a seperate thread about the project Mods. But this story is for all those who want to know how this rare vehicle ended up in our garage.

I bought my first Isuzu in '92 (Isuzu Amigo 2.6L 4x4), that is where the look for ZU's started. Over the years I had 4 of those same vehicles and drove them a total of 500K. Last one died in 2011 with 300K on the drivetrain.
    I had been following your website for years and doing the research into VX's. My wife and I had looked at a few here and there. I finally found the right one (after 2 years) and bought it over the phone, sight unseen. At this point I kept it all a secret (discovery and purchase) from my wife. On Jan 13, I got up and ready to go snowboarding for the day. I drove to the airport and 2 hours later I was standing next to our new VX, 600 miles from home. I started my trip home, happilly talking to my wife on the phone about how great the snowboarding that day.
    So I arrived and stashed the VX in a barn. Now the next part of my plan is to give it to my wife as a gag gift 4 days later on my daughter's first birthday. I made a cake, but a fake mountain on it, with a Hot Wheels VX on it. The Keys were in plastic in the middle, when they were discovered she was confused.
    Basicly I said the Hot Wheels was for my daughter, the keys are for my lovely wife, still confused she hit the alarm button (panic) and the window in the restraunt we were in lite up and made noise.

She was amazed.... and speechless. I looked at her, and said I got you back, you see the previous year she had given me the best Birthday present ever. She gave birth to my daughter on my Bday.

Hope you enjoyed the story.
    chris

That story is beyond awesome Chris!! Look forward to more pics on the trucklet...(I'm sorry I can't stop calling it that.......well...um...isn't it better than calling it "cute" )
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Wow!

Wow....That is a great story!
    Congratulations on both gifts!
    "KILLER BEE" :