Page 62 of 197 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 112 162 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Looks good slutty...

..and ya scored a roof rack too!!

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

slutty...welcome to the dream come true
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Quote Originally Posted by slutty22 View Post
    Hello All,

Names Mike- Friends call me slutty. I live in Indianapolis Indiana. I have been a lurker of this site ever since I saw my first V-cross about 2 weeks ago. I had a mitsubishi Eclipse that I had sold and was trolling ebay and craigslist for a SUV type vehicle. when I happened accross a Vcross. I was like what the heck is this thing it looks really cool! then I came across this site, I read and read and read, and then after Due dilligance I drove form indy to massillon Ohio about 5 hours one way. needless to say my G.F. was not excited about another random car run! but I fell in love with the first test drive. The damn thing is in show room condition. It is a 1999 astrial silver with just at 100k on it. Let me tell you there was only 2 things I did not like about the vehicle upon inital viewing. 1) both windows have the "jacked all up gonna roll up like they belong at that funky angle no sealing B.S." already looking into Tones metal adapters. And the previous owner smoked which ruined that 10 year old new car smell. I have installed a sharper image ionizer which in itsself has pretty much removed all previous smoke smell, I have also recoditioned the lether, Luckily there is not ONE ciggarette burn hole in any of the beautiful interior of this dragon!!!

I spent the day today putting in new spark plugs, ait filter, PCV valve, did the sea foam up the brake booster line and deep creep in the manifold (lots of smoke) also changed the Oil with mobil 1 syn. and polished those yellow headlights back to a shiney new finish! In the near future I am gonna change the trani filter and fluid then its on to MODS. Its pretty much all stock. I really like littlebeast tire/rim setup, first things first, proably gonna get a safari basket for the roof and a mercedes brush bar. then will see where to go from there.

I did search for it on this site and it does not appear to be previouly registered. I will get to that first thing in the morning, also plan on being a site contributer to this wonderfull gathering of information!!!!

Just a few pics of the best!!!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...dingart025.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...dingart026.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...dingart027.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...dingart028.jpg

and If I ever Need some back up I have the TRUE BEAST a 99 silverado jacked to the moon, however I cant wait to get both of these toys in the mud to see which one performs the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...dingart024.jpg
    Great !

So you're officially become a VX'er.

Not much of issues you came acroos with the VX.

Again my friend,welcome aboard
    Dakar was just the begining.

Welcome Slutty.

BTW, the window brackets are from Street Boutique Customs (SBC) not Tone.

Welcome foxchase.

I don't know where the knock sensor is either but you'll get better response to you question by starting a thread on it rather than having it buried in this 'welcom' thread.

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    just fixed mine from having a knock sensor going off....just put some gas treatment through the tank...problem fixed...

and yes, its internal motor..
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Ok here are the stats

1999 Astral silver
    just broke 100k miles on the odometer and still runs very strong! there are currently no CEL lights or tod lights on, just gave it a fresh tune up, new Plugs fuel/Air filter changed PCV valve cleaned the headlights changed the oil, the Trani is next
    Last 4 of the VIN are 0792

Thanks for having me

I have been in the car business for over 35 years, in both retail and wholesale. I saw my first VX back in 1998 when I was buying cars for an Isuzu-Pontiac dealer. It was love at first sight and I wanted one ever since. I have bought them at auctions for dealers. I have driven them, but I never owned one until about 6 months ago. Now it's my baby. I own a silver 2000 VX, it has 90,000 miles on it and it thinks it's new. I still have people come up to me saying they have never seen one.

Quote Originally Posted by handeeman View Post
    I have been in the car business for over 35 years, in both retail and wholesale. I saw my first VX back in 1998 when I was buying cars for an Isuzu-Pontiac dealer. It was love at first sight and I wanted one ever since. I have bought them at auctions for dealers. I have driven them, but I never owned one until about 6 months ago. Now it's my baby. I own a silver 2000 VX, it has 90,000 miles on it and it thinks it's new. I still have people come up to me saying they have never seen one.
    Welcome handeeman

Nice to have another VX'er in the family;VX.INFO is all you need for your toy .
    Don't hesitate to ask any question,there's always some one wth the expertise ton address you on the right track.

Again,welcome to the VX world.

Hi all. Just registered because I know Thmstec. Ever since I saw the vehicross at an auto show in Birmingham somewhere around the end of the 90's I've thought that they were amazing. I had seen this silver one in Auburn running around and wondered who owned it. Finally at a meeting one day I noticed it was in the parking lot and the owner was in our meeting. Ever since then I've loved riding in it and I've even been allowed to do a bit of driving and mudding with it. Great vehicle (sounds awesome with his hole-in-the-exhaust mod) and it's nice and fun.

As you can see I don't have a VX of my own, I cruise around in a 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T. She's peppy and I've had it for a year come April 2. I'm fairly active on a Saab forums and love learning from everyone. I'm hoping to get an old beat up FJ I can rebuild into a nice off road machine.

Well I figured I'd just come say hey to y'all and troll around.

Hey folks,
    I'm looking to pick up a 1999 Astral Silver VX. Took her for a drive the other day and she was smooooothe. I think I'm in love.
    I'm coming off a relationship with a Black 95 Lincoln Mark VIII. It didn't last long enough. but a rock the size of a 3 year old jumped out in front of the car, and ripped up her suspension.
    Anyhow, I'll let you know how it turns out tomorrow night.

Alright, I now own a VX! Wooohoo!
    off to work!
    Last edited by Farfri : 03/24/2009 at 08:46 AM

So, are you going to paint it Orange and Black

Welcome to the addiction:gring:
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Farfri View Post
    Hey folks,
    I'm looking to pick up a 1999 Astral Silver VX. Took her for a drive the other day and she was smooooothe. I think I'm in love.
    I'm coming off a relationship with a Black 95 Lincoln Mark VIII. It didn't last long enough. but a rock the size of a 3 year old jumped out in front of the car, and ripped up her suspension.
    Anyhow, I'll let you know how it turns out tomorrow night.

off to work!
    Hi Farfri !

This is a wonderfull moment to join us for the meeting on july month

Look up for the active meeting thread & drop your sign.

VX'ers from NY,NJ,CT & PA well be meeting & you can come along with us

Oh,you are officially a VX'er well..............................WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION

welcome to the love life and pain of it all...Farfri

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Unhappy Hello Everyone!!!!

Hello everyone!!! My name is Gianluca, i am 34 years old and i'm from Rome, Italy. I love Vehicross!!!! I would like to buy one, but it's impossible to find it In Europe... You can buy it in U.K. but only with right-hand drive.... :-(
    Can you help me plaese? Thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by GIANLUCA View Post
    Hello everyone!!! My name is Gianluca, i am 34 years old and i'm from Rome, Italy. I love Vehicross!!!! I would like to buy one, but it's impossible to find it In Europe... You can buy it in U.K. but only with right-hand drive.... :-(
    Can you help me plaese? Thanx!
    Hi gian,Sorry you haven't enjoy the pride of riding on a VX,The VX sold in europe countries such as UK & russia are all right handed,I have no idea on which side you guys drive but if guys drive on the left then you got a bit of a problem my friend,left handed VX are all US version & only sold here,however here's a member who live in switzerland had his VX imported;He logged in not too long ago,so probably his last post shall be still around.

Few weeks ago another guy from italy sign up looking for some stuff,He said that he got the only VX on italy soil,not sure if that is true.

1rst of all you must search for a good condition VX offered up for sale,if the VX is located near any of the here members we can trully drive at the location & give a sight review to brief you about the VX's conditions.

Shipping shall be your next task,also you lucky on that one too,here are couple of fellow pals who can help you finding the best/cheap/reliable shipping carrier to help your budget

Welcome to the hood

Hope you get through though.

GOOD LUCK !