Page 112 of 197 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 122 162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    And she's an EBONY !!!.....

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Darlington View Post
    Well, here she is, it is absolutly rust free... Does need a few things and she'll be really nice. Gotta track down a Hood, Left Headlight and Left Parking light lens for the bumper, previous owner had a little run-in with something.

...da very bestest color!

Congrats Joe.

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    No worries.
    Those eagles look close to snowflakes.
    I had snowflakes on my old Isuzu MU, and there are a couple of VXs running around with them on.

(Not that I have seen them - the only VX I have ever seen in the flesh is my own.)

Your ebony looks good.
    Hope you get the defects cleaned up ok.

PK
    I had them on mine and loved them. I think Isuzu Snowflakes are an awesome looking wheels. Congrats Joe, looks great and can't wait to see what you do with it
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Talking New Memeber Needs Advice

Hello everyone, so I'm a grad student and I'm thinking about buying a 99 Vehicross that I've found at a dealership. It has 82K miles on it and the price is good. The carfax report indicates some rear minor accident but the damage to the bumper (?) was repaired. Just a bit nervous, is this a good daily car, how log in terms of mileage will it last. What should I have serviced first, will the gas prices ($3.64 unleaded) kill me...lol

Would love to hear from owners, I'll use it for my daily short commute, road trips etc. I might actually like to learn how to use 4WD, in high school this was my dream car (my reasons: looks,size & capability), I've owned a Rodeo Sport and loved it and downsized from a 2002 Mercedes CL 500 when I went back to school. Do the fish eye mirrors help with rear visibility issues? Would love your thoughts folks...and hw do I post pix??

I'm a recent owner, got one in January.

I use mine as a commuter (about 40 miles round trip highway), but not every day since I try and ride the bike in as much as possible. The big thing you have to watch is oil consumption. I check mine every time I fill up, and nearly every time I drive it.

What are they asking for it? To be honest, I think I paid a little too much for mine, it was $7500 with 110k miles. What color? That is equally as important.

Every time I drive it (like this morning) I fall more in love. The off road capabilities are fantastic and handles well in the snow. For mileage, I have seen several hit 200k. To be honest though, I think almost any modern car will go over 200k provided you maintain it.

Rear visibility does suck. It's sucks 10% less if you take off the headrests. Gas mileage is horrible, it's going to range from 12mpg to 18mpg on a good day. First thing I did was change the oil, mobil1 and a new PCV (after about 1k miles from the dealer). I also used seafoam before the oil change. I just wanted to know I got off on the right foot.
    EX OWNER 2000 Foxfire

Quote Originally Posted by TemetNosce827 View Post
    Hello everyone, so I'm a grad student and I'm thinking about buying a 99 Vehicross that I've found at a dealership. It has 82K miles on it and the price is good. The carfax report indicates some rear minor accident but the damage to the bumper (?) was repaired. Just a bit nervous, is this a good daily car, how log in terms of mileage will it last. What should I have serviced first, will the gas prices ($3.64 unleaded) kill me...lol

Would love to hear from owners, I'll use it for my daily short commute, road trips etc. I might actually like to learn how to use 4WD, in high school this was my dream car (my reasons: looks,size & capability), I've owned a Rodeo Sport and loved it and downsized from a 2002 Mercedes CL 500 when I went back to school. Do the fish eye mirrors help with rear visibility issues? Would love your thoughts folks...and hw do I post pix??
    Welcome all new owners.
    Here's a post with several links to other posts that will give you a TON of info IN MANY MANY AREAS for the new owner.
    Just read read read and read up some more on all the details.
    It ALSO has several links to threads discussing THE OIL USAGE ISSUE....***MUST READ ***
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...postcount=1665

Here's a post with MANY links pertaining on how to fix the window problems:
    http://vehicross.info/forums/showpos...&postcount=621

Here's my how to post pics:
    http://vehicross.info/forums/showpos...8&postcount=33

HOW TO UPLOAD PICS TO YOUR GALLERY:
    (some functions require you to be a member first, like uploading an avatar pic)

~Click on "Gallery" in the blue header above

~Then click "Gallery Links" from the same blue header

~In that drop down box you should see, second from the bottom..."Upload photos" - Click that.

~Then it will let you select 5 pics (one at a time) from your computer. Click on "Choose File" and find the pic you want. If they're really big megapixels, I've found it bombs out if I do more than 2 at a time. So I'd hit "Upload/submit" after those 2, then just do a few at a time.

~If they're smaller files, you can do all 5 at once.

~Sometimes, after it's done uploading your pics, it will show another screen where you have to click at the bottom of screen..."Process".

And lastly......it's a VERY good idea to play around with and get to know the SEARCH FUNCTION on this site, it will open up another TON of info to you to read. This site is just jammed full of incredible info!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

small fish eyes always help....try flipping your rear view mirror upside down as well...& rear camera is always a plus

Thumbs up Really helpful!!

Quote Originally Posted by mindaugas View Post
    I'm a recent owner, got one in January.

I use mine as a commuter (about 40 miles round trip highway), but not every day since I try and ride the bike in as much as possible.

Temet: I was thinking of getting a bike too, in hopes of saving on gas

The big thing you have to watch is oil consumption. I check mine every time I fill up, and nearly every time I drive it.

Temet: Why is that?

What are they asking for it?

Temet: I got them to go down to $6100 plus tax, for a black one with 82K miles- is that good?

To be honest, I think I paid a little too much for mine, it was $7500 with 110k miles. What color? That is equally as important.

Temet: Does color affect this price much?

Every time I drive it (like this morning) I fall more in love. The off road capabilities are fantastic and handles well in the snow. For mileage, I have seen several hit 200k. To be honest though, I think almost any modern car will go over 200k provided you maintain it.

Temet: That is encouraging and I really appreciate your time on this!

Rear visibility does suck. It's sucks 10% less if you take off the headrests. Gas mileage is horrible, it's going to range from 12mpg to 18mpg on a good day.

Temet: That's what I thought hence the bike as a second ride idea...lol

First thing I did was change the oil, mobil1 and a new PCV (after about 1k miles from the dealer). I also used seafoam before the oil change. I just wanted to know I got off on the right foot.
    Temet: I'm a newbie, what's seafoam and PCV..?

Welcome

All new members of the family.

I don't have much to say,my fellow members already say everything.

Hope you all enjoy your new toy and have fun.

Dakar was just the begining.

@VX KAT

(((((((((((THANKS SO MUCH!!)))))))))))))

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Welcome all new owners.
    Here's a post with several links to other posts that will give you a TON of info IN MANY MANY AREAS for the new owner.
    Just read read read and read up some more on all the details.
    It ALSO has several links to threads discussing THE OIL USAGE ISSUE....***MUST READ ***
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...postcount=1665

Here's a post with MANY links pertaining on how to fix the window problems:
    http://vehicross.info/forums/showpos...&postcount=621

Here's my how to post pics:
    http://vehicross.info/forums/showpos...8&postcount=33

HOW TO UPLOAD PICS TO YOUR GALLERY:
    (some functions require you to be a member first, like uploading an avatar pic)

~Click on "Gallery" in the blue header above

~Then click "Gallery Links" from the same blue header

~In that drop down box you should see, second from the bottom..."Upload photos" - Click that.

~Then it will let you select 5 pics (one at a time) from your computer. Click on "Choose File" and find the pic you want. If they're really big megapixels, I've found it bombs out if I do more than 2 at a time. So I'd hit "Upload/submit" after those 2, then just do a few at a time.

~If they're smaller files, you can do all 5 at once.

~Sometimes, after it's done uploading your pics, it will show another screen where you have to click at the bottom of screen..."Process".

And lastly......it's a VERY good idea to play around with and get to know the SEARCH FUNCTION on this site, it will open up another TON of info to you to read. This site is just jammed full of incredible info!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by TemetNosce827 View Post
    Temet: I'm a newbie, what's seafoam and PCV..?
    Sea foam is a product that is used to "flush" out any residues and/or dirty particules in the fuel lines.I personally never use it,but many members did and they can provide more details about the benefits of this product.

PCV = ( Positive Crankcase Valve ) is located on the driver's valve cover side.
    If you remove the engine's black plastic cover you can see a hose running from that valve cover to the throttle and there's the PCV that you shall replace every oil change as well it's cheap

hope it helps
    Dakar was just the begining.

@Gussie2000 thanks so much!
    LIVE FREE....

Hi all..I'm Scott aka xteraim on other sites.Been lurking around yalls site for 2 weeks now and have been doing lots of researching of the VX and yes i'm in the market to buy one or trade for my X. Actually I'm going to Pensicola this weekend to look at SILVERCROSS'S VX for 3k bad motor.Wonder if i can build a VX monster for 5k?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by waaaaht View Post
    Hi all..I'm Scott aka xteraim on other sites.Been lurking around yalls site for 2 weeks now and have been doing lots of researching of the VX and yes i'm in the market to buy one or trade for my X. Actually I'm going to Pensicola this weekend to look at SILVERCROSS'S VX for 3k bad motor.Wonder if i can build a VX monster for 5k?
    welcome!!

Talking Hi Everyone

I just bought my first VX, Im super stoked! I have a Silver 2001. I want to put 33inch tires on her anyone know the best lift kit I should buy! I wana do this right. I am going thru the whole truck and replacing everything if it has a scratch on it. I also wana know were to look online for new interior door panels. Do I need to just go to Isuzu for them. If anyone can point me in the right direction on the lift kit an interior pieces that would be awesome

Thanks

Chad

Quote Originally Posted by MACsVX View Post
    I just bought my first VX, Im super stoked! I have a Silver 2001. I want to put 33inch tires on her anyone know the best lift kit I should buy! I wana do this right. I am going thru the whole truck and replacing everything if it has a scratch on it. I also wana know were to look online for new interior door panels. Do I need to just go to Isuzu for them. If anyone can point me in the right direction on the lift kit an interior pieces that would be awesome

Thanks

Chad
    There's so much specific info on this site.
    Here's a start...read my post from a few days ago to another new owner:
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...postcount=1674

You have many questions in your post above, each has a pretty detailed answer available. Honestly, I know you're stoked like we all were, but you need to set aside several hours to start reading all the pertinent posts, "How-To's", guides, etc...for areas you're interested in. There's an entire wiki on just the lift, and probably 1000 posts with specific info.

The lift question and tire size issue have probably been about the most common topic discussed here. I've included links to some of the topics. But you'll have to start playing around with the search function. You'll start finding some back ground info then you'll be able to post specific questions here to further help you make your choices, where to buy, etc, etc, etc....

There's so much detailed info, from the most incredible people on any car forum, you'll get all the data you'll ever want, it's all here, and the folks are super friendly and willing to help!

If you have any questions, shoot me a PM, I usually know where to get the info or who to contact.

Welcome!

I just spent the day playing in the garage with mine, polished the headlights so they look like diamonds sparkling now, and I've never lost that silly smile on my face, all day long!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.