Page 176 of 197 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

1999, Blue (Astral)5 spd VX #1396 ; '01 Proton 0753
    Welcome to the obsession Doug!
    There's no 'I' in denial.

Welcome, enjoy

Let's see, I bought my first VX a month or so ago. At the time there wasn't a ton available online and I found one in VA. Made an offer over the phone and had it shipped to KS. So now I'm the proud owner of a 2000 Ebony with around 114k. So far I've put new rubber on it, just put in a new stereo system (blowing fuses, so will take care of that in the morning), and replaced the driver's side window clip with that custom setup from street boutiques. My hood insert is cracked and grumpy, so I tried dipping it. It was my first time dipping and didn't turn out that good, but at least it's protected for now. I've also started scrubbing down the cladding and reconditioning it. I may end up taking it off and getting some Linex put on (we'll see), but next up is to tint the windows. Oh, and if anyone knows the freaking thread size for the license plate screws I would appreciate that bit of info.

I tried registering before but it was right when the site went down. I had been researching and researching and pouring over the forums here. Then I ordered the vehicle and everything went kaput. Good times, and glad it's back up. Been following the community on FB and really enjoy what I see.

Hey Levi! We should meet up at Cars & Coffee or something and keep in touch re: any North Texas VX events. I live by the Ballpark in Frisco...my VX is tough to miss! (aren't they all, though? )

-Doug

Hi All,
    just wanted to say to everyone. I'm 15 years late to join the VX owners 'club', but better late then never
    This weekend my VX dream finally came true. I bough gorgeous 1999 black Vehicross with 51k miles in Fremont California.
    Previous owner did a great job maintaining the car. it is in great condition, but it does have some rust underneath. It looks like my first project is going to be replacing the front bumper.

P.S Glad to see this forum is back online. i've been checking it out in the past years, but it went silent for sometime right before I bought the car.

Hi All

Hi All,
    just wanted to say to everyone. I'm 15 years late to join the VX owners 'club', but better late then never
    This weekend my VX dream finally came true. I bough gorgeous 1999 black Vehicross with 51k miles in Fremont California.
    Previous owner did a great job maintaining the car. it is in great condition, but it does have some rust underneath. It looks like my first project is going to be replacing the front bumper.

P.S Glad to see this forum is back online. i've been checking it out in the past years, but it went silent for sometime right before I bought the car.

Hello everyone!

Hey All,
    I'm a new Vehicross owner as well. Just picked up an Ironman edition in Charlotte, NC. It needs a bit of work, but I'm excited to clean it up and take it on some trails in my new home (Nashville). BTW, if anyone sees a nice hood for sale (any color is fine), please let me know!
    Thanks!
    Will

I know the feeling just as i needed manuals and advice it all went quite, The Facebook page was an awesome help over the time the website was down.
    Any Kiwis here?

Quote Originally Posted by sporg View Post
    Let's see, I bought my first VX a month or so ago. At the time there wasn't a ton available online and I found one in VA. Made an offer over the phone and had it shipped to KS. So now I'm the proud owner of a 2000 Ebony with around 114k. So far I've put new rubber on it, just put in a new stereo system (blowing fuses, so will take care of that in the morning), and replaced the driver's side window clip with that custom setup from street boutiques. My hood insert is cracked and grumpy, so I tried dipping it. It was my first time dipping and didn't turn out that good, but at least it's protected for now. I've also started scrubbing down the cladding and reconditioning it. I may end up taking it off and getting some Linex put on (we'll see), but next up is to tint the windows. Oh, and if anyone knows the freaking thread size for the license plate screws I would appreciate that bit of info.

I tried registering before but it was right when the site went down. I had been researching and researching and pouring over the forums here. Then I ordered the vehicle and everything went kaput. Good times, and glad it's back up. Been following the community on FB and really enjoy what I see.
    Was that you that sniped the one at WindRider auto out from under me.

Quote Originally Posted by sporg View Post

Was that you that sniped the one at WindRider auto out from under me.

Sniped!?! When I called they said someone else had been interested, so I assumed they were trying to get me to up the amount. I was watching three nationally on a short list and that one fell in place. I think the other two were in Indiana or Illinois and those dealers didn't seem interested in talking. Anyway, so yeah, I guess that was me

Only if it was WindRider. I had the guy on the phone, and had called my insurance company to add it to my coverage--before I sent funds for payment. Called back & they said they'd just taken a deposit on it from someone else. FML.

STILL can't find one worth a damn...where the seller isn't trying to make a mint off me.

Yeah, that's the place. I had been digging up stuff on that one for a couple of weeks and just happened to pull the trigger that day. What price did you guys agree upon? I ended up giving 5k for it.

Yeah, I had them at 5k too. But I guess that's what I get for not immediately slamming a deposit down...and instead trying to CYA by making sure I had insurance on it first. :|

Hardest part about shopping is trying to find one that isn't beat to piss, rusted to ****, or where the owner is charging a MINT. There's one I REALLY like in Florida, but I can't bring myself to shell out THAT much above KBB MSRP for it. Seems like time is what it really takes to find something. Curse Isuzu for not selling these for more years.

I have wanted a VX for many many years. I am probably within two years of splurging for one as a second vehicle. (Actually in talks with a local guy to take a trade of our 2002 Montero for his 1999 Ironman, but he's revealing too many things that need to be fixed...)