Page 126 of 197 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 136 176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Quote Originally Posted by Slideways View Post
    ^this guy looks familiar...
    Fancy meeting you here

My name is Mike and I am a VX addict. I got hooked two days ago when I bought a 1999 Ironman. It started a few months ago when I was considering another small SUV. I had several Suzukis in the past and was considering another one. Then I remembered The VX and looked up the blue book price. Finally it was in my price range. I started looking about four months ago and reading this web site. I found one two months ago at a dealer near my house and went test drove it. It was the first one I had seen in person and it drove wonderfully. The only problem was he wanted $9,000. I then went and looked at the "reflectorcross" p.o.s. it was really in bad shape and it finally sold for $3,400. Then I found this one in Orlando. It has 141,000 miles on it but looks new and runs great. It has 22" wheels with new tires plus the original wheels with new tires. It came with killer stereo and Magnaflow exhausts plus boxes of spare parts. I need to replace the timing belt and fabricate front and rear trailer hitches. I can't believe how many people came up and ask what is it(it has been debadged).

New to the Vehicross "world."

Hello,
    My name is Craig and I am located in the Nashville, Tn. area.
    I purchased my 2000 Dragon Green vehicross about 6 months ago, and I absolutely love it. I was actually in the market for a used Pathfinder (Still have my '95) and walked up onto a lot on Sunday..... and there sat my Vehicross. I was in awe! I went home and did some research, went back on Monday and drove it / bought it!
    It has 120,000 miles, great condition...runs great, drives great, interior is excellent, brand new Goodyears, stock 18's, etc....I am really enjoying this thing!
    Thanks for the Forums - great inf! I am looking forward to upgrading /keeping her for a long, long time!

1999 Astral 0074, 2001 Proton, 1999 Ebony, 1999 Astral 0163
    Welcome to the obsession! You'll find THE best and most accurate info about the VX here, from REALLY passionate VXer's. Congrats on ur new baby!

Maybe a New VehiCROSS owner

Hello everyone, Iam Brad and am looking at a 1999 vehicross, it is a clean car good Carfax report, has 139,000 miles. average I guess for the year. Concerned before I purchase about what I should look for. Timing belt change, brakes, all fluid changes, trans, etc, clean inside and out. I have noticed everyone seems to LOVE the VehiCROSS, of course the rear window concern, and other minor issues. But overall an eye catching auto. Seem to read alot about wheels pealing,hood insert, headlight gaskets, etc.
    Anyway I'd like some feedback from owners about the vehicle and what to look for. SHOULD I BECOME A OWNER OF A 1999 VEHICROSS !!!

Thanks Brad (young 59 yrs., looking for a sport SUV) E-mail bcb9112001@hotmail.com
    Last edited by bcb9112001 : 02/01/2012 at 07:44 AM Reason: e-mail address

Quote Originally Posted by bcb9112001 View Post
    Hello everyone, Iam Brad and am looking at a 1999 vehicross, it is a clean car good Carfax report, has 139,000 miles. average I guess for the year. Concerned before I purchase about what I should look for. Timing belt change, brakes, all fluid changes, trans, etc, clean inside and out. I have noticed everyone seems to LOVE the VehiCROSS, of course the rear window concern, and other minor issues. But overall an eye catching auto. Seem to read alot about wheels pealing,hood insert, headlight gaskets, etc.
    Anyway I'd like some feedback from owners about the vehicle and what to look for. SHOULD I BECOME A OWNER OF A 1999 VEHICROSS !!!

Thanks Brad (young 59 yrs., looking for a sport SUV) E-mail bcb9112001@hotmail.com
    Welcome Brad-
    You've found the right place to learn about the VX...and we're all pretty rabid about it LOL.

We created a questionnaire very specific to the VX and known issues as the truck is now 10-12 yrs old.
    Here's the link:
    http://vehicross.info/forums/showpos...36&postcount=3

Here's a post that gives an overview of several issues.
    http://vehicross.info/forums/showpos...52&postcount=4

I've posted a link to a much longer version, with even more detailed questions.
    It's still a work in progress, but if you're interested, it may help you learn even more details about this awesome truck we love so much.
    http://vehicross.info/forums/showthr...+questionnaire

Good luck to you in your search!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by bcb9112001 View Post
    SHOULD I BECOME A OWNER OF A 1999 VEHICROSS !!!
    Absolutely

We are all fanatics about our VX though or we wouldn't have joined the forum. Let me just say that we have lost very few owners due to reliability or maintenance issues. Most of the previous members here who have sold their VX has been due to: Life changes, rough ride (mostly those who have back issues), rear seat access (putting kids in car seats), or lack of stowage room with the back seat installed.

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Make sure you run an AutoCheck report before you buy, they are more accurate than CarFax.

Good luck!

Cool new tx member looking for a vx...

hello, im robert. i live near cresson, sw of the dfw area. joined up to learn more about these & to access the for sale section. started looking for a vx this month for my wife. ive always wanted one. looking to get either yellow, gray or silver in great shape. need to stay away from black or red...dont want to spend most of my time cleaning it also non-smoking is a must!

dont know much about them so any tips in what to look for would be great. i would like to buy local if possible, but have bought 2 cars off ebay. so as long as the seller is trusted & shipping is fair, i have no probs.

as for my other rides...

93 jdm mkiv surpa ht
    00 ws6 t/a
    05 swb x-runner
    05 ninja 636
    Last edited by frakkin toaster : 02/08/2012 at 08:37 AM Reason: sp

My first Vehicross

Hi All after looking for months for an affordable vehicross well I finally purchased my first ever vehicross and have only driven it in the parking lot unitl I get plates... it seems to be in excellent condition its a 2001 from Daytona Beach Area it had a few miles on it 133k but so far no issue except the ABS light which seems to be common.. I hope to learn a bunch here on the forum.. So wish me luck with my new little buddy..

Welcome to the family. Best of luck with your new toy.

There are plenty of threads about ABS issues so you'll be able to find the info you're looking for. Basically you just need to decide ahead of time if you want to restore your ABS or just pull the bulb & live without it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Finally a proud VX owner

Hello campers!
    Came across this 99 Ironman White VX on the bane of my existence, Craigslist.
    I have to control my visits to that webplace because I always find stuff to buy and then can never sell it as planned. And even though this is not the ultimate VX, I don't think there are many others with 56k on the clock.
    I have been in the printing, graphic design business since high school and that was a looooong time ago. Live in Fountain Valley, CA with my lovely wife of 24 years and have twin sons in college.
    Currently have several car projects underway and am looking forward to getting immersed in the VX world.

Quote Originally Posted by 3x2x4sp389 View Post
    Hello campers!
    I have to control my visits to that webplace because I always find stuff to buy and then can never sell it as planned. And even though this is not the ultimate VX, I don't think there are many others with 56k on the clock.
    I have been in the printing, graphic design business since high school and that was a looooong time ago. Live in Fountain Valley, CA with my lovely wife of 24 years and have twin sons in college.
    Currently have several car projects underway and am looking forward to getting immersed in the VX world.
    Congrats on getting one! Was it local or did you have to drive/ship it home? Pics Pics Pics!!!

I lived in Long Beach for 15 yrs, so I know your very well.
    I gotta say...I'm most perplexed by your creative screenname.....
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by 3x2x4sp389 View Post
    Hello campers!
    Hey 3x2x4sp389,

Congrats and welcome to the VX community. I'm just south of you in Irvine. Nice to see another VX in Orange County, now that make 4. Interesting thing is I am also in the printing business, 36 years and counting. If you want to meet with another VXer, some of us can be found almost every Saturday morning at Cars and Coffee Irvine. Shoot me a email sometime.
    rickshaw
    Original Owner
    2001 Dragon #0467

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    CoI'm most perplexed by your creative screenname.....
    Perhap he has a 389 powered vehicle with three deuces and a 4-speed transmission...GTO perhaps
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up