Page 161 of 197 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Swede doesnt have a gallery Kat, and Marlin only has
    a few shots if you search hard.

Seemed easier to google it!

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was going to suggest the Moab meets threads she could stroll through, and see Swede's red then khaki RS.
    There's still not too many pics of either.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Hey yall. New to the site and a first time VX owner. Actually found out about them through someone who had one in my town. It was the only one I had ever seen! Well, since then I did extensive searching to find one and low and behold I am now the proud owner of a 2000 Gunmetal. I must say there is nothing out there old or new that looks quite like the VX. I am very much in love with the stance and the aggressive nature of the car just fits my personality. However, I am already experiencing the headaches of the constant money I have been putting into it. New CVs right off the bat, now issues with the TOD that didn't show up until (you guessed it) it was purchased and driven away. I just ordered a 430 dollar speed sensor in hopes that this fixes my problem and was told that if this doesn't correct the problem, then my computer is bad! Doesn't sound cheap in any sense! I would have come here, but due to a delay in my account being activated and problems with my email account being compromised, I now type before you a now near broke man. My appreciation for the car still exists and I am looking forward to getting to know some of you and where everyone Crosses it! Much love to the fam!

Hello, I have a 1999 I call "silver" and a 1999 I call "black" (one is white and one is black)

I abused "silver" for many years, off road, mud, deep snow, etc... Then I hit an ice fishing shack with "silver" about 5 years ago and cracked the front plastic and found the metal bumper was rusted off and laying lose inside, I understand this is a common problem. A few weeks ago a deer decided to commit suicide on my front end, busting it up really bad, pushing everything back into the engine and busted both headlights. I was able to repair the metalwork, AC, Radiator, radiator fan and clutch but I have a "headlight problem"! I was devastated, sitting on the side of the road hearing the radiator hiss and actually cried a little while expelling a long string of profanity.

6 days later I tracked down another 1999 "black" VehiCross and went and bought it, paying $6,000 for a 14 year old car... I feel a little stupid but I love this car so much I couldn't help myself. (The "new" one also doesn't have a bumper par under the front plastic)

Welcome VehiBRO & killerbotics. Hope both of you get your rigs back to 100% quickly.

killer - there was a thread about a year ago where someone had a machine shop offer replacement front bumpers. The search function should find it for you pretty easily.

BRO - maybe just unplug the TOD computer for 30 minutes & plug back in. That should force a reset that may help (worth a shot since it doesn't cost anything).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Just got mine

Hello,
    My name is Tony and I just got my 2001 VehiCROSS. I have found something wrong the day after and need some help.
    The check light for the TOD system is blinking. I found that the 4L works but 4H does not. It only blinks in 4H also I can hear a light clicking in the transfer case while rolling at a idle in 4L.

Any ideas?

I also need to know where I can find a mechanic for it since Isuzu is out of business.

Welcome Tony

My TOD light flashes too after about 10-15 minutes of driving. It just hasn't been critical for me to fix it yet so it's been doing that for over a year.

There are a couple of speed sensors that can fail but it's also common for some of the connectors to get moisture in them. The best bet for starters is to climb under your VX & start unplugging every connector you can find, apply some di-electric lube & plug it back in. If that doesn't fix the problem then there is a way to read the trouble codes. That's a bit much to go into in the introduction thread though so if you're still having issues, start a thread so that we can give you more help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Yup...what Tom said.

Plus...make sure all tires are even tread..and even pressure.

TOD is sensitive to that

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks I will check that out asap.... The guy I got it from said he noticed the boots on the CV joints looked worn out. So I'll be checking those out also.

Jo, tires are brand new. Thnks for the info.

Still check the pressure. I've had brandam new tires that leak. Also remember that if you still have OEM rims that the peeling chrome can also cause leaks.

Color me confused about the CV boots. They don't wear out. They are either whole or they are split. There isn't any signs of wear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If your CV boots are worn (read split) then the CV's could be the source of the clicking, Do some turns on full lock in 4H, forwards and backwards. That should separate the noise and you can tell which wheel it is coming from.

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

Helloooo! New to the site and a first time VX owner, its a ebony/gray in color 99875 mi. got it about a week ago. So far its great it may use a little oil. and I had to fix both window tracks last night. No biggie. So far so good! looking to do a lift and get some better sound. Comming from colorado and n. new mexico, 4x4ing is pertty bleak around here :-( (Arlington Tx). Is there any meets in the DFW area? trying to get ready for MOAB baby!!!

Hello, I just bought my first VX this week. I have really been wanting one for quite some time so when I saw it pop up on craigslist in my town I jumped all over it. Ended spending $5000 on it with 134k on the dash then an immediate $800 on it just doing basic maintenance at the shop I work at. Seems pretty solid so far, biggest issue is the driver side window regulator is destroyed beyond repair.

Welcome to the addiction Norrin Radd & PPinzino.
    Vehitrails

Intro

Hey.
    I first spotted a VX on a car lot. It was an Ironman and it reminded me of a high top tennis shoe. I just had to have it. In 2001 I went to dealership and bought one. I have had it ever since!
    I love it. Best car I have ever owned or driven. I, very unfortunately, am having to sell it. It's all original. No modifications. I'm the only owner. And have a bunch of recent pictures. It's currently parked and not being driven.
    If you, or anyone you know is interested, please let me know.
    Thanks. Tracy