Page 160 of 197 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 170 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

Is it just me or does anyone else notice that there seems to be a lot of VX's changing hands lately. Considering that there were only 4000+ sold in the US and the last year of manufacture was 2001, how many can still be left out there??
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

Quote Originally Posted by Maddawg View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else notice that there seems to be a lot of VX's changing hands lately.
    I assume it's a combo of 2 things:

Economy - lotsa peeps changing jobs & moving & such ... or commuting farther.

Parenthood - we seem to have a lot of younger owners now & with starting families, they don't want to mess with putting car seats in the back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Custom painted S/C Ironman (ex. VX-King Copper, Rickster's Chameleon)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddawg View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else notice that there seems to be a lot of VX's changing hands lately. Considering that there were only 4000+ sold in the US and the last year of manufacture was 2001, how many can still be left out there??
    Some time ago, I read a study on the dependence between vitage of production and a number of vehicles still on the road. If I remember correctly, it said that after 10 years, about 50% cars are still burning rubber.. Given that the average vehicross is now 14 years old and c.4200 were produced, this would give us at best 2,000 still running.. and given that many were exported (about 100 to Russia alone on my count), I would guess the real number for the US is closer to 1,500...
    Vodka... Connecting people

Hello everyone! I'm a long time vx fan and first time vx owner. I bought a 2001 proton from another member on this fourm just 3 days ago. He took amazing care of it. The interior is darn near perfect. I was giving a great deal of the price because of some exterior damage to the passenger side.

I'm in the process of repairing the damage and "decking it out"
    I want to get a hitch on there first
    Some American racing rims and new shoes are next
    After that I want to look into a good aftermarket sound system.

I'm sure ill be posting often with questions over the next few months. I really want to find who is making those adapters so I can put a westin bar of the front.

The forum has already saved me time and money just using the search engine and I really appreciate all the knowledge on here. It makes me feel less alone even though I might have the only VX in 100miles!

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Welcome to the maddness...I'm just right the road and my son lives in the Springs.

Did you buy your VX from the guy that worked at the BMW dealership? He was the only Proton owner I know in the Springs.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    WELCOME!!

Quote Originally Posted by Front_rangeVX View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm a long time vx fan and first time vx owner. I bought a 2001 proton from another member on this fourm just 3 days ago. He took amazing care of it. The interior is darn near perfect. I was giving a great deal of the price because of some exterior damage to the passenger side.

I'm in the process of repairing the damage and "decking it out"
    I want to get a hitch on there first
    Some American racing rims and new shoes are next
    After that I want to look into a good aftermarket sound system.

I'm sure ill be posting often with questions over the next few months. I really want to find who is making those adapters so I can put a westin bar of the front.

The forum has already saved me time and money just using the search engine and I really appreciate all the knowledge on here. It makes me feel less alone even though I might have the only VX in 100miles!
    I'm guessing this was the one Brandon aka 'Rampage' was selling.

Congrats, I was interested too!

Let the addiction begin!!

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    WELCOME!!

I'm guessing this was the one Brandon aka 'Rampage' was selling.

Congrats, I was interested too!

Let the addiction begin!!

Jo

Wow I'm impressed. Yep this is the one that Brandon was selling. Hes a very cool guy too. Bad taste in football teams though.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by Front_rangeVX View Post
    Wow Bad taste in football teams though.
    .... no doubt a Seattle fan given his location!!

Broncos will win! Round about 21-17... IMO!

You should come join the VX group in Moab in May.....

..... then fix the damage after!!

(PS..just sent you an e-mail )

Jo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LOL...

.... no doubt a Seattle fan given his location!!

Broncos will win! Round about 21-17... IMO!

You should come join the VX group in Moab in May.....

..... then fix the damage after!!

(PS..just sent you an e-mail )

Jo
    Oh yeah, I should have held off and made a bet with Brandon. If Seattle wins I pay extra $500 for the vx. If Denver wins I get a $-500 discount lol!

Moab in May sounds good, I usually get out that way to mountain bike "the whole Enchilada trail" that time of year anyway.

I'll PM you back!

I'm back "kinda"

Double post.
    Last edited by surf-life : 02/08/2014 at 01:35 PM

I'm back "kinda"

I was hunting another vehicross ( my last VX was the first to my knowledge iron man with a full black and grey interior swap ) Kat helped me locate my old VX so I could offer to buy it back, but the new owner wouldn't respond after a few attempts of contact. So I decided to get a trooper rs (2 door) because they are uber rare and cool. I finally located a white 1993 trooper rs one owner with only 117,xxx miles, and spent its life in Texas and southern Georgia, so zero rust what so ever. It needs a little tlc as the older gentle man hadn't engaged 4x4 in 12 years ^_^ Right now she is 100 pieces every seal is being replace and fluids are being swapped out. I will get pictures soon!

Btw this is by far the best car forum online and hope I can chime in with you guys even though I don't have a VX.

I would like to see pictures of this 2 door Trooper I cannot say I have seen one before so it must be rare, or was just not paying attention all these years.
    I worked at an Isuzu dealer for 8 years and I have owned 7 Isuzu's, 79 2x4 luv truck, 80 4x4 luv truck, 82 4x4 luv truck, 88 4x4 Space cab truck, 89 4x4 Space cab truck, 96 Trooper and my 2001 VX I have now, my husband currently has a 96 Trooper.

Post some pictures of this 2 door Trooper when you get some.

Hiya Catfish...

Quote Originally Posted by CatFish View Post
    I would like to see pictures of this 2 door Trooper I cannot say I have seen one before so it must be rare, or was just not paying attention all these years.
    If you google Trooper RS images......you'll see lots of them.

Its essentially the same chassis as the VX is built on .

jo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OK I guess I do remember seeing the older model ones from the 80s but the later model one is the one I have not seen in person and I kind of like the way old ones better in a 2 door.

Check out gallery pics for "Marlin" and "BigSwede", both have/had RSs.

Hiya Catfish...

If you google Trooper RS images......you'll see lots of them.

Its essentially the same chassis as the VX is built on .

jo
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.