Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Defibrillator [U]STAT[/U]!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    By describing my comments as "rants", you've not necessarily contributed to solving said problem at all though have you. (rhetorical)

I understand that you may not have wanted to be a part of calling out the original problem (it wasn't my first choice either), but because you chose to remain silent offers you no right whatsoever to try to hold me solely accountable now.

That the problem was so pervasive is why there were so many who showed up in this thread who have ALSO tried to hold me solely accountable, but I can assure you that there were many who agreed with ME back then, THEY didn't want to bother getting involved either because they saw all of the BS comments coming from the instigators I was calling out, and as a result simply commended me for my efforts via private messaging.
    Well "good job!" then. I wish your efforts were even better....so they wouldn't have come up again HERE. My contribution to "solving said problem" is to get over whatever's bothering you from the past. With the reading I did (in attempts to understand your demeanor), it would seem the issue is so old that it doesn't make sense to bring it up. With further research, I stick with my point that "conflict" shouldn't have been presented an "issue" in this thread.

Actually, in doing so, please consider that you are actually perpetuating your own problem. If that doesn't help you, I'm sorry. I took some time to read through your posts and understand your complaint. I see why you got upset at times. I also see the when you aggravated "the problem". It's completely unreasonable to suggest I tell you/them what should have happened differently. My best advice is to ask you to "get over it". It's water WELL under the bridge.

Finally, FWIW, I was am not a member who has conflicted with you in the past. You are obviously so defensive about the past, it's makes you too eager to bring it up again...and even blame those (like me) who played no part. I believe you've gotten so defensive that it affects the way you deal with people in the present...and possibly the future. If you're looking for more moderation, maybe we (or someone) can email Scott. Considering that I saw him trying to solve the re-direct problem, it appears he's not totally absent.

<cheers>
    Last edited by 89Vette : 11/21/2017 at 10:23 PM
    2001 Ebony VX and 1989 Custom 383 Corvette

I am not going to take sides in this debate Except to say, that fact that this thread hasn’t been locked yet shows newer members, like myself, just how indifferent the mods are about actually running this site.

When I first came to this site, I was literally the first post in over a month, and by posting, and not expecting any replies, a few more people started to post, then a few more. I think we are what? Six or seven now? Or at least we were until this thread blew up.

Now? Now I still post updates on my build thread, and I will continue to do so as loing as the site is active. There have been a couple of mentions of VX’s for sale or being parted out that the OP’s have stopped responding to.

Seriously, who want’s to come to a sight to see a rehash of years old arguments? This thread should have been locked a log time ago. But it isn’t, because the mods can’t be bothered to run the site. Even the FileStore phishing site is still attached to this site. There is no moderation, and no control by the mods or by the members. This behavior in thread is disgusting.

Personally I don’t give a damn who did what to whom or when they did it. I really don’t. But I can see why the FB page is more active than this site, it really isn’t difficult to see that at all.
    --------
    VX Status: Running Great! Build is coming along nicely...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Thelgord For This Useful Post:

ipd (11/22/2017)

I vowed to myself early on that I wasn't going to let my presence on this site become an epeen measuring contest like I might be accused of elsewhere. There's scant few here as it is, no need to isolate myself from the community. I'll save my personal views for elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 89Vette View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    By describing my comments as "rants", you've not necessarily contributed to solving said problem at all though have you. (rhetorical)

I understand that you may not have wanted to be a part of calling out the original problem (it wasn't my first choice either), but because you chose to remain silent offers you no right whatsoever to try to hold me solely accountable now.

That the problem was so pervasive is why there were so many who showed up in this thread who have ALSO tried to hold me solely accountable, but I can assure you that there were many who agreed with ME back then, THEY didn't want to bother getting involved either because they saw all of the BS comments coming from the instigators I was calling out, and as a result simply commended me for my efforts via private messaging.
    Well "good job!" then. I wish your efforts were even better....so they wouldn't have come up again HERE. My contribution to "solving said problem" is to get over whatever's bothering you from the past. With the reading I did (in attempts to understand your demeanor), it would seem the issue is so old that it doesn't make sense to bring it up. With further research, I stick with my point that "conflict" shouldn't have been presented an "issue" in this thread.

Actually, in doing so, please consider that you are actually perpetuating your own problem. If that doesn't help you, I'm sorry. I took some time to read through your posts and understand your complaint. I see why you got upset at times. I also see the when you aggravated "the problem". It's completely unreasonable to suggest I tell you/them what should have happened differently. My best advice is to ask you to "get over it". It's water WELL under the bridge.

Finally, FWIW, I was am not a member who has conflicted with you in the past. You are obviously so defensive about the past, it's makes you too eager to bring it up again...and even blame those (like me) who played no part. I believe you've gotten so defensive that it affects the way you deal with people in the present...and possibly the future. If you're looking for more moderation, maybe we (or someone) can email Scott. Considering that I saw him trying to solve the re-direct problem, it appears he's not totally absent.

<cheers>
    You're of course still free to "believe" whatever you like about what happened in the past, and in this thread too, but you choosing to believe what you want doesn't automatically render what I've said about what happened in the past, or about you in this thread, invalid.

You yourself said you chose to not get involved in the past, which was fine, but as far as I could tell while reading this thread, no one twisted your arm to get involved with what I was bringing up here, so you have no one to blame but yourself for the consequences and not "letting it go" here when after said you were going to.

In the end, our goals are the same, to make this site a better place to visit. You "believe" that would be best achieved with site content, while I on the other hand believe that calling out the clique'ish/childish behavior that many have acknowledged on this site addresses a message boards' problems on a more human level.

I'll leave it to each person reading this to decide for themselves which THEY feel is the more important aspect of an internet message board.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelgord View Post
    I am not going to take sides in this debate Except to say, that fact that this thread hasn’t been locked yet shows newer members, like myself, just how indifferent the mods are about actually running this site.

When I first came to this site, I was literally the first post in over a month, and by posting, and not expecting any replies, a few more people started to post, then a few more. I think we are what? Six or seven now? Or at least we were until this thread blew up.

Now? Now I still post updates on my build thread, and I will continue to do so as loing as the site is active. There have been a couple of mentions of VX’s for sale or being parted out that the OP’s have stopped responding to.

Seriously, who want’s to come to a sight to see a rehash of years old arguments? This thread should have been locked a log time ago. But it isn’t, because the mods can’t be bothered to run the site. Even the FileStore phishing site is still attached to this site. There is no moderation, and no control by the mods or by the members. This behavior in thread is disgusting.

Personally I don’t give a damn who did what to whom or when they did it. I really don’t. But I can see why the FB page is more active than this site, it really isn’t difficult to see that at all.
    If you didn't give a damn, why did you have to add your two cents regarding a past you know nothing about?

Can't have it both ways.

You are a troll.
    Last edited by Thelgord : 12/01/2017 at 03:55 PM