Thread: Project VXOverLand

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    VXorado found some "custom" switches and it sounded like you could have them print just about anything you wanted on them. They do not match our factory switches, but might be an option.

You can see them in his build thread on page 6 about half way down:

http://www.vehicross.info/showthread...orado+switches
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MSHardeman For This Useful Post:

Thelgord (09/09/2018)

So, I lost the “key” to my lock lug nut. Damn it. After spending several days looking for it, nothing. I called a few tire shops, even a couple of dealerships, and they all said the same thing. They were going to have to “break it off”, which would destroy the stud (no big deal there as they are easy to change), but they also said there was a better than even change of destroying the rim in the process. I looked for one of those counter thread bolt extractors and couldn’t find one the right size. After a week of scratching my head over this, I finally found an option that had good reviews online. Hammer a slightly to small socket on to the smooth lock lug and then twist off. All I did was break a socket, dang it.

I did finally get them off, and replaced with matching lug nuts from another isuzu. I ended up welding a nut on the end of the lock lug and they came right off. Took about 10 minutes per wheel. Now I no longer have any locking lug nuts, but I can at least take the wheel off if get a flat tire or need to work on something.
    --------
    VX Status: Running Great! Build is coming along nicely...