PDA

View Full Version : Modifications done to instument cluster (From a split thread)

Raque Thomas
09/25/2003, 01:46 PM
Decided to do a little mod to my guage cluster while I was there (I removed the bottom panel of the driver's side dash instead of just taking out the one screw as suggested, about as quick and a lot less fuss trying to thread that wire). My plan was to take out the cluster, take the clear cover off and put some chrome pinstripe that I found around the 2 large guages. Bad news - the clear cover is glued to the cluster surround. I tried getting it apart, but cracked a little edge (that isn't visible, thankfully!). Had to give up until I can see if the clear part is available by itself. I thought a single chrome stripe around the 2 guages would liven things up a bit - guess I'll have to wait!! At least I got to experience taking the dash trim off and see what's behind there!

>>> Split this thread from here (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2107)
WSG

WyrreJ
09/25/2003, 06:48 PM
Are you saying that is hard to get at the faces of the main dials on the instrument cluster? That sounds like it would really put a dent in any plans to upgrade those faces with aftermarket add-ons.

Raque Thomas
09/26/2003, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by WyrreJ
Are you saying that is hard to get at the faces of the main dials on the instrument cluster? That sounds like it would really put a dent in any plans to upgrade those faces with aftermarket add-ons.

No, it's easy to get to the dials. The clear cover and the black surround in front of the dials snaps off the guage cluster. I had seen a brushed stainless surround on eBay that I thought about buying (for a Rodeo) - glad I didn't, because I wouldn't have been able to use it!