PDA

View Full Version : sensor or trans?

AlaskaVX
08/19/2005, 02:57 PM
Well I have a problem, first off I have 75,000 (hard) miles on my VX.

When I step on the gas gradually it seems to drive fine (through all gears) but if I give it more gas it does something wierd. Say I am at a light and I give it a good amount of gas off the line, it revs pretty high, kicks TOD up to 50-50 and is VERY sluggish and gives a shake to it. This is the amount of gas that would move the TOD bars before but not all the way to 50-50.

Now this same problem exists at 45 mph, if I give it a descent amount of gas it seems like it gets stuck inbetween gears searching for the right one. The revs are bouncing all around from 2,500 to 4,250. This lasts a good 5-10 seconds until it finally decides on a gear.

This all started happening after fording some deep water, so I am guessing I drowned out a senser of some sort. There is definately something wrong.

Any ideas? Which sensor could it be if you think it is a sensor?
(praying my trans isn't going out)

Triathlete
08/19/2005, 05:19 PM
Possibly got some moisture in one of the connectors.

SGT.BATGUANO
08/20/2005, 12:26 AM
With the rev problem, I'm thinking trans mode switch or a combo with one of the tod output switches. I guess you could try flushing the undercarriage with clean water and let it dry out. Or flush those sensors and connectors with wd-40, which will clean and also displace water.