PDA

View Full Version : Window Part

HotFlyer
07/06/2005, 11:08 AM
Help.....

The plastic tabs at the bottom of my drivers side window have broken, causing the window to fall into the door. These tabs are glued to the window and attach the window to the window regulator. My local Isuzu dealer says the part ONLY comes as a window assembly,(WITH WINDOW) for $200.00. I can't belive you can't buy the two plastic parts without buying a window too. Anybody know more about this? Is there a part number? For now I have the window propped up in the closed possition.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Howard 0761

Moncha
07/06/2005, 12:08 PM
Call a glass shop and see if they can fix it..

SGT.BATGUANO
07/07/2005, 12:14 AM
Do a search . Iseem to remember mention of jb weld or making custom clips from metal.

HotFlyer
07/07/2005, 04:47 AM
I called 4 glass shops and was told by all to call Isuzu for the part.......Next call is to a salvage yard to see if they might have the clips.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Howard (0761)

bstrong
07/09/2005, 11:40 AM
Hi,

Purchased my VX about a month ago. Passenger window failed a few days ago. I Discovered ceramic tab that bolts to regulator at bottom of window became unglued. Probably due to the well documented "window binding" problem. I've done the window fix per the posting I've seen on this site...but what kind of glue/epoxy/sticky-stuff do I use to fasten the ceramic tab back on to the bottom of the window? .

I'm also in the market for a roof rack...Any leads?

Ldub
07/09/2005, 04:00 PM
bstrong,
Welcome aboard. For a rack option ck. my gallery, also Marximus has some good shots in his gallery & there are lots of other ideas in various members gallerys.
As for the window stickum question, I don't know from experience, but would think that any "industrial grade" epoxy should do the trick. If I'm wrong on this, someone please chime in.
Ldub

HotFlyer
07/10/2005, 10:39 AM
3M makes a special adhesive for glass. All the glass companies use it.

Howard 0761

HotFlyer
07/12/2005, 04:31 AM
Found a used window with clips. They said it came from a drivers side hit on the lower part of the door. Window was in the up possition and did not break. Also replaced the window rubber channel on both sides. Now window works like new!!!!!! Total cost, $265, but they WORK!!
Hope the fix lasts.

Howard (0761)