PDA

View Full Version : Parking light removal

scarpezio
02/18/2005, 01:53 PM
Can the front round parking lights be removed from the front without removing anything else? My hands are way too big to gain access from the back.

Maugan_VX
02/18/2005, 02:22 PM
well, yes and no

Its easier to go up from below. Twist the light housing and then push them out the front of the cladding.

I haven't tried just twisting the light, but I think it would be pretty difficult to do without a suction cup or something :P

Jolly Roger VX'er
02/18/2005, 02:27 PM
Yes...rotate counter-clockwise until the socket tab lines up with the cladding hole and it'll come straight out as the wire harness is quite long. It just uses one of those small bulbs...#194 clear I think.

The hard part is the small rubber "O-ring" gasket/seal can make rotating the socket/lens a bit tough as it drags on the cladding. Personally...I used a few drops of fishing-reel oil (looks like a hyperdermic needle) dispenser to lube the "O-ring" gasket/seal which allowed the socket/lens to rotate :rotate: alot better.

I did this about 2 years ago (after hitting a ring-necked pheasant! :deado: ) and no harm seemed to come to the seal or cladding.

To reinstall..just line up the socket tab to the cladding hole and insert socket and turn clockwise until "nissan" :laughb: on lens looks straight...

Moncha
02/18/2005, 04:15 PM
My hands are pretty big and I was able to get to the lights by putting my hands in trianglular space between the radiator and headlight and grabbing the rear of the lamp housing while grabbing the front of the lens with the other hand. If I remember correctly. leftly loosey, righty tighty.

SGT.BATGUANO
02/18/2005, 10:50 PM
Try a pair of rubber gloves for added grip.