PDA

View Full Version : Autotrans Interceptor

MachineVX
09/07/2004, 07:34 AM
Does the Interceptor change the stall speed of the torque converter?

Tone
09/07/2004, 07:55 AM
No only shift firmness and deley of torque converter lockup. We already have a relatively high stall converter. I've spoken with a number of performance shops about redoing our converters and they recommend that unless it has broken or you circle track or drag race a lot, there is little benefit to having it modified or changed.

And if you look at it from a pure labor standpoint to replace it, you are looking at well over $500 to drop the drive shafts, tod/transfer, and tranny w/ fluid. I have a spare converter if you really want to try it and an account with AutoTrans race division in Canada who I have spoken extensively with.

MachineVX
09/07/2004, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the answer.

Looks like my next mods are supercharger and interceptor, but I won't have the $$$ till the summer.

SPAZZ
09/07/2004, 10:04 AM
whatever you do, do not lose the little rubber covers for the pot screws....or if it gets wet it will short out your Tranny.

Mine did that and the intercepptor did not blow it's 10 amp fuse. It just shorted the Tranny and T-case out and itself.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

now, I do not have an interceptor and my Tranny makes weird whining noise and Magnetic clutch coil in T-case went out.

WormGod
09/07/2004, 03:04 PM
Uhg! Now you make me wanna take mine off!

We have VERY salty winters here and that kills plastic and rubber. Starts the good old dry rot process. Last thing I need is for one of the rubber tips to rot and fall out.

What to do, what to do....

AlaskaVX
09/07/2004, 03:20 PM
My rubber pieces fell out the first week after installation! Then my zip tie job came undone and my interceptor fell on my exhaust melting one of the corners and now the line pressure doesn't work, but the delay is still there. Make sure you tie it up there real snug.

Tone
09/07/2004, 03:51 PM
Interceptor will not blow tranny and a 10amp fuse is way to big. A short or failure of the product will leave it in a factory, pass thru mode. Rubber covers can be siliconed in place but I have been running mine for several years without covers and not had any problems.

SPAZZ
09/07/2004, 04:10 PM
why did mine do it????

Tone
09/07/2004, 04:36 PM
Aliens have taken over you VX Spazz but don’t take that the wrong way. You’ve got a few other wiring nitemares if I recall.

SPAZZ
09/07/2004, 04:47 PM
no wiring nightmares.....

rear side panels had the aft most fasteners come loose.
In the sun it would cause the panels to relax just enough to make alarm go off and dome light not go off. I replaced fasteners and no more issues.