PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Tod display not showing power to front wheels

surf-life
03/06/2011, 07:48 AM
My TOD gauge shows the back wheels lit up while in tod mode, but the front wheels either dont light up at all or they sometimes will flicker full 50-50. I have driven in snow and ice to try and make the wheel slip to show the power to the front, but no luck. My TOD check light is flashing, so I pulled the codes per this link http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=12939&highlight=tod+codes I have a 14 and a 24 code ( front and rear speed sensor) last night I changed both rear speed sensors and kept the battery unpuged, but I am still getting the rear speed sensor code :confused:

I am a decent mechanic, but this is boggling my mind. I have put in a new TPS sensor, and replaced the actual TOD display gauge from the pod.

PS: When I put it into 4x4 low all of the lights come on solid.

BeeVenom
03/06/2011, 09:46 AM
Is it just the lights that's the problem OR are you losing traction up front as well???
I had a similar issue with mine and turned out to be in the harness connections loosening up a bit. I also checked for codes while jumping two terminals but forgot which ones those were. No codes turned up so double-checked everything and problem was gone. Could be the same for you. :o

tom4bren
03/07/2011, 06:16 AM
Have you checked your tires? Sometimes uneven wear or just improper inflation can cause the TOD to go haywire.

I get the flashing TOD Check lite after about 20 minutes of driving but haven't tried to track it down yet. My procrastination is based mainly on the fact that my front tires are much more worn than my rear & I plan on new shoes this spring.

Tom

vt_maverick
03/07/2011, 09:07 AM
Maybe a dumb question, but do the codes have to be manually reset with a reader of some sort?

circmand
03/07/2011, 09:41 AM
Maybe a dumb question, but do the codes have to be manually reset with a reader of some sort?

That is a dumb question! Just kidding the codes can e reset with a reader if you do not have one any auto parts store can reset or unplug the battery for 30 minutes usually works as well.

surf-life
03/07/2011, 10:08 AM
Have you checked your tires? Sometimes uneven wear or just improper inflation can cause the TOD to go haywire.

I get the flashing TOD Check lite after about 20 minutes of driving but haven't tried to track it down yet. My procrastination is based mainly on the fact that my front tires are much more worn than my rear & I plan on new shoes this spring.

Tom

The wheels and tires right now only have 5000 miles on them, and are inflated evenly.

tom4bren
03/07/2011, 10:44 AM
That is a dumb question! Just kidding the codes can e reset with a reader if you do not have one any auto parts store can reset or unplug the battery for 30 minutes usually works as well.

IIRC, the TOD codes can not be read or reset by a reader. I have no idea if they can be reset with the battery disconnect trick.

johnnyapollo
03/07/2011, 02:25 PM
You jump a terminal in the OBDII connector to both read and clear the TOD codes - there are some instructions on here somewhere...

RickOKC
03/07/2011, 02:58 PM
Instructions to clear codes are in the link from post #1. :)