PDA

View Full Version : JDM.....in Japan?

VX KAT
10/29/2009, 01:28 PM
OK, I have a dumb question that's been nagging at me for a while.....with Isuzu being based in Japan and many JDMs running around the world (and I know what JDM stands for)....why don't we have any Japanese forum members??? I assume they sold these in Japan, didn't they? :_thinking And surely some would speak English.....

Triathlete
10/29/2009, 02:49 PM
There are a few that used to be active here.

VCrossfan
10/29/2009, 04:40 PM
OK, I have a dumb question that's been nagging at me for a while.....with Isuzu being based in Japan and many JDMs running around the world (and I know what JDM stands for)....why don't we have any Japanese forum members??? I assume they sold these in Japan, didn't they? :_thinking And surely some would speak English.....

I wondered that myself Kat, VX's (if my memory is correct) hit the road in Japan in late 96 early 97 so they did have a jump on us. The Mod's some of the JDM'S in Japan have are very very nice and well thought-out. Hat's off fellow brothers and sisters in Japan, if your listening... I admire your work...

deermagnet
10/29/2009, 04:53 PM
I think the main reason is 'cuz not many Japanese can read and write English. We had Dutchie who married a Japanese girl and lived there. He was friends with Naoki who could not read or write English. Naoki was a member here and may have had two names registered here, if I recall correctly. Naoki was the guy who stole Ron's skid plate designs and started making and selling 'em in Japan. :mad:

Naoki is a member here as vehikun2.

Mark

Triathlete
10/29/2009, 06:59 PM
I think most of them hang out HERE (http://vsq-jp.com/).

Sprey
10/29/2009, 07:01 PM
Hmm Kat you do have a point.
I tryed to find there forum? but i think its paid access? or im just lost completely otherwise ive visited lots and lots of jap vx sites and learnt quite abit and looked through tons of pics!.

blacksambo
10/29/2009, 07:06 PM
650 VX's in right drive were produced. Many of these are in New Zeland and Austrail, and Japan, and those members participate heavily here as do the UK VX owners. In fact, I'd say that for their relatively small numbers compared to the "4000 cash for clunker" USA model member's, they participate as much as we do. So don't count these enthusiast's out, they just chime in on different threads than we usually do, that's all. Okay? (I hope we're all a good with that explanation?)

vt_maverick
10/29/2009, 08:40 PM
Different threads or different boards? If they're on this site they haven't been active in a long time.

VX KAT
10/29/2009, 08:40 PM
650 VX's in right drive were produced. Many of these are in New Zeland and Austrail, and Japan, and those members participate heavily here as do the UK VX owners. In fact, I'd say that for their relatively small numbers compared to the "4000 cash for clunker" USA model member's, they participate as much as we do. So don't count these enthusiast's out, they just chime in on different threads than we usually do, that's all. Okay? (I hope we're all a good with that explanation?)

:_thinking:_confused
I was only wondering about owners specifically in Japan......we know Crotch, Alan, Sprey, castigan, PK, Viatcheslav, uncle asa, CIAUS, Kenny, mikemol, hiredgoon and several more I'm forgetting (because they didn't put themselves on the member map & you can't search on "country" in the Members List) are from outside the U.S. I'd never seen or heard about the Vehicross site you posted Billy, I'll bet that's where they are.

deermagnet
10/29/2009, 08:50 PM
I only know of three members here from Japan-
vehikun2
Nanako
dutchie

Mark

Sprey
10/29/2009, 08:58 PM
Whoa you sure about the 650 figure? what happened to the 1805 figure like that is now posted on wiki.

Speaking of other vx'rs over here , something like 30 or so vxs in this country ive spotted 5 of them in my city 1 of them posted here aka Anit which who im now in contact with and will meet up oneday.

But still a couple of other vx'rs that oneday ill hope i can meet and start a little vx group like you guys do and have your meets etc.

What site did you post Billy?
was the the Vehisquare one?

VX KAT
10/29/2009, 09:03 PM
What site did you post Billy?
was the the Vehisquare one?
Oops, sorry, yes, Billy is Triathlete and he posted Vehisquare.

alterastro
10/29/2009, 09:32 PM
:_thinking:_confused
I was only wondering about owners specifically in Japan......we know Crotch, Alan, Sprey, castigan, PK, Viatcheslav, uncle asa, CIAUS, Kenny, mikemol, hiredgoon and several more I'm forgetting (because they didn't put themselves on the member map & you can't search on "country" in the Members List) are from outside the U.S. I'd never seen or heard about the Vehicross site you posted Billy, I'll bet that's where they are.

Ooh - must add myself! :yesy:

rickshaw
10/29/2009, 11:07 PM
I was lucky to have met with dutchie and Naoki, they were over here from Japan to attend the 2002 LA VX Meet. Yes dutchie is a dutch guy living in Japan. I believe he said he was a minister. I think later dutchie did sell his VX. Naoki spoke no english but we were able to have a conversation with dutchie's help.

dutchie's VX
http://vehi.world.coocan.jp/serge/DSCF3965a.JPG

Naoki's VX
http://vehi.world.coocan.jp/gullwing4/DSCF9012a.JPG
Naoki's web site (http://homepage3.nifty.com/vehi/)

Viatcheslav
10/30/2009, 12:06 AM
I have been in Japan in last May, and have spoken with Naoki. I bought some accessories from him. He can speak English but prefer speak Japan. My sister has spoken with him by Japanese. After that I tried to spoke with him on English but he has told that don’t speak English. I was confused.

Anita
10/30/2009, 12:34 AM
Naoki and Ron created their own versions of the VX-02 skid plates. Of course, they were very similar but Naoki make his plates with different materials. Dutchie was a great spokesman for Naoki's products and there was some friction between them and Ron, but I believe Naoki to be an upright guy.

Does anyone know if he still makes VX products? I always loved his carbon fiber half moon for the back hatch.

vt_maverick
10/30/2009, 01:48 PM
Does anyone know if he still makes VX products? I always loved his carbon fiber half moon for the back hatch.

+1 - One of our Russian friends should try to convince him to sell to the USA again...

VCrossfan
10/30/2009, 04:17 PM
Here's a link of there's, and they do support the U.S some (scroll to the bottom)

http://homepage3.nifty.com/vehi-square/links.htm

And a pic of a VX w/flap supports...

http://www.oct-net.ne.jp/~a-shuj/photo.files/photo18_l.jpg

pbkid
10/30/2009, 05:18 PM
im sorry... but that last pic is ;puke2; ... the only way i would ever consider that is if it was required by a rally racing organization. otherwise its too hideous

vt_maverick
10/31/2009, 09:04 AM
That pic is the definition of rice.

VX KAT
10/31/2009, 11:23 AM
im sorry... but that last pic is ;puke2; ... the only way i would ever consider that is if it was required by a rally racing organization. otherwise its too hideous

That pic is the definition of rice.

x2 I've never even heard of flap supports...good thing too!;puke:;puke:

nfpgasmask
10/31/2009, 04:55 PM
I believe Naoki to be an upright guy.

I don't know Ron personally, I but I know the opposite has been said about him before. And if his front skid plates were anything like his front clear turn signal covers, that I feel sorry for Naoki if he took Ron's design...

And aren't the front skid plates based on the VX-02 design? So it's silly to say anyone stole anyone's design, as it was merely a replica of an Isuzu design in reality...

:D Bart

deermagnet
11/01/2009, 03:44 PM
This is how I remember it without doing any searching, and I very well could be wrong, and I apologize for saying "stole" if that's not true.

As I recall, the problem was that Naoki bought skid plates off Ron for the sole purpose of using them to make his own molds from Ron's plates instead of making his molds from scratch like Ron did. Naoki apparently took a shortcut by using Ron's plate design to make and sell his own plates in Japan. At least that's how I remember it and I could be wrong and I apologize if Naoki did not buy from Ron to copy his own.

There's certainly nothing wrong with someone taking an idea and doing their own thing in a far away land. IF Naoki bought plates from Ron to copy them directly, then that's a reasonable complaint.

Mark Griffin

blacksambo
11/01/2009, 05:19 PM
I don't think anyone answered your what does JDM stand for question? Simply means Japanese Domestic Model, or in otherwords right hand drive. That's why I thought you basically wanted to know about all these type VX's.

VX KAT
11/01/2009, 07:33 PM
OK, I have a dumb question that's been nagging at me for a while.....with Isuzu being based in Japan and many JDMs running around the world (and I know what JDM stands for)....

I don't think anyone answered your what does JDM stand for question? Simply means Japanese Domestic Model, or in otherwords right hand drive. That's why I thought you basically wanted to know about all these type VX's.

Actually I said I DID know what it stood for, but thanks for covering it. My question was really just curious why we don't have any (or many) members from Japan on here since the car originated in Japan. Thanks again though.