Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: JDM.....in Japan?

JDM.....in Japan?

OK, I have a dumb question that's been nagging at me for a while.....with Isuzu being based in Japan and many JDMs running around the world (and I know what JDM stands for)....why don't we have any Japanese forum members??? I assume they sold these in Japan, didn't they? And surely some would speak English.....
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

There are a few that used to be active here.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    OK, I have a dumb question that's been nagging at me for a while.....with Isuzu being based in Japan and many JDMs running around the world (and I know what JDM stands for)....why don't we have any Japanese forum members??? I assume they sold these in Japan, didn't they? And surely some would speak English.....
    I wondered that myself Kat, VX's (if my memory is correct) hit the road in Japan in late 96 early 97 so they did have a jump on us. The Mod's some of the JDM'S in Japan have are very very nice and well thought-out. Hat's off fellow brothers and sisters in Japan, if your listening... I admire your work...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

I think the main reason is 'cuz not many Japanese can read and write English. We had Dutchie who married a Japanese girl and lived there. He was friends with Naoki who could not read or write English. Naoki was a member here and may have had two names registered here, if I recall correctly. Naoki was the guy who stole Ron's skid plate designs and started making and selling 'em in Japan.

Naoki is a member here as vehikun2.

Mark
    Last edited by deermagnet : 10/29/2009 at 05:29 PM

I think most of them hang out HERE.

98. Blazed Peacock Mica, 1504 SOLD VxLess Now :O
    Hmm Kat you do have a point.
    I tryed to find there forum? but i think its paid access? or im just lost completely otherwise ive visited lots and lots of jap vx sites and learnt quite abit and looked through tons of pics!.

650 VX's in right drive were produced. Many of these are in New Zeland and Austrail, and Japan, and those members participate heavily here as do the UK VX owners. In fact, I'd say that for their relatively small numbers compared to the "4000 cash for clunker" USA model member's, they participate as much as we do. So don't count these enthusiast's out, they just chime in on different threads than we usually do, that's all. Okay? (I hope we're all a good with that explanation?)

Different threads or different boards? If they're on this site they haven't been active in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksambo View Post
    650 VX's in right drive were produced. Many of these are in New Zeland and Austrail, and Japan, and those members participate heavily here as do the UK VX owners. In fact, I'd say that for their relatively small numbers compared to the "4000 cash for clunker" USA model member's, they participate as much as we do. So don't count these enthusiast's out, they just chime in on different threads than we usually do, that's all. Okay? (I hope we're all a good with that explanation?)

I was only wondering about owners specifically in Japan......we know Crotch, Alan, Sprey, castigan, PK, Viatcheslav, uncle asa, CIAUS, Kenny, mikemol, hiredgoon and several more I'm forgetting (because they didn't put themselves on the member map & you can't search on "country" in the Members List) are from outside the U.S. I'd never seen or heard about the Vehicross site you posted Billy, I'll bet that's where they are.

I only know of three members here from Japan-
    vehikun2
    Nanako
    dutchie

Mark

98. Blazed Peacock Mica, 1504 SOLD VxLess Now :O
    Whoa you sure about the 650 figure? what happened to the 1805 figure like that is now posted on wiki.

Speaking of other vx'rs over here , something like 30 or so vxs in this country ive spotted 5 of them in my city 1 of them posted here aka Anit which who im now in contact with and will meet up oneday.

But still a couple of other vx'rs that oneday ill hope i can meet and start a little vx group like you guys do and have your meets etc.

What site did you post Billy?
    was the the Vehisquare one?

Quote Originally Posted by Sprey View Post
    What site did you post Billy?
    was the the Vehisquare one?
    Oops, sorry, yes, Billy is Triathlete and he posted Vehisquare.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post

I was only wondering about owners specifically in Japan......we know Crotch, Alan, Sprey, castigan, PK, Viatcheslav, uncle asa, CIAUS, Kenny, mikemol, hiredgoon and several more I'm forgetting (because they didn't put themselves on the member map & you can't search on "country" in the Members List) are from outside the U.S. I'd never seen or heard about the Vehicross site you posted Billy, I'll bet that's where they are.
    Ooh - must add myself!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1997 Vehicross with mods coming! --- 1995 Pajero with lots of mods!
    2000 Audi Allroad - Wife won't let me mod

Owner of the Four Wheel Drive Club in the UK - pop in and say hi! Click pic for link.

I was lucky to have met with dutchie and Naoki, they were over here from Japan to attend the 2002 LA VX Meet. Yes dutchie is a dutch guy living in Japan. I believe he said he was a minister. I think later dutchie did sell his VX. Naoki spoke no english but we were able to have a conversation with dutchie's help.

dutchie's VX

Naoki's VX

Naoki's web site
    rickshaw
    Original Owner
    2001 Dragon #0467

I have been in Japan in last May, and have spoken with Naoki. I bought some accessories from him. He can speak English but prefer speak Japan. My sister has spoken with him by Japanese. After that I tried to spoke with him on English but he has told that don’t speak English. I was confused.