Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Post All Moab Trip Pics/adventures Here

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    More Pictures!!!!!! I know you guys have internet at the stoop...

I was hoping to get out to Moab today/tomorrow but its not happening with the move to Denver in two days. I'm so depressed that i'm missing out on all the fun

So I know when you take a trip, you always forget something, but did ALL OF YOU forget your camera's
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

My camera has a ton of pictures on it....BUT, with no where in the campground to electrify the dead battery on my laptop...no piccies!
    Jack led a group of us through Steel Bender...lots of action, no carnage. Nome sweet climbs were made and some of us gave it hell but were denied!
    I leave for home tomorrow morning. Might get pics up in the evening if I feel up to it.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    My camera has a ton of pictures on it....BUT, with no where in the campground to electrify the dead battery on my laptop...no piccies!
    Jack led a group of us through Steel Bender...lots of action, no carnage. Nome sweet climbs were made and some of us gave it hell but were denied!
    I leave for home tomorrow morning. Might get pics up in the evening if I feel up to it.
    I suffered 2 more dents to my rocker pannels

Here's my pictures from Steel Bender, if anyone has any of the little amigo that could....

Thanks for the pics!!! Who's that in the Foxfire with the "WOOHUU" plate? Can't remember seeing that one around before...

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Thanks for the pics!!! Who's that in the Foxfire with the "WOOHUU" plate? Can't remember seeing that one around before...
    and is he not lifted on steel bender
    Last edited by VXR : 05/20/2011 at 04:19 PM

Actually looks like there are some Isuzu's there this year!! Very nice.

I'm home! A-W-E-S-O-M-E TIME!
    Downloading 1064 piccies on photobucket.....waiting....still waiting..............got about another 90 mins......better grab a Snickers bar......
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Been a member here for 5 yrs, but I've never seen him either.
    http://vehicross.info/forums/member.php?u=2289
    Name was Don. Nice ride!

Quote Originally Posted by crager34 View Post
    Actually looks like there are some Isuzu's there this year!! Very nice.
    Way more Zus... think there were about 6 or 7 Troopers (counting Jim & Swede), 2 Amigos, 2 Rodeos

OK, here's a gazillion pics....had to take all pics myself this year as my camera assistant was not in attendance....., so many are taken through the windshield, blindly sticking the camera out the window, and many are taken of the truck in front or back of me while on the trail. These are the three trails I was on:

The first trail pics are from La Sal Mountain, has lots of trees, very rocky trails and lots of snow in the upper elevation. There was a felled tree blocking out path, so several guys played lumberjack and chopped it and dragged it out of the way, only to find snow that was too deep to continue in.

The 2nd trail is Seven Mile Rim....very classic orange desert with huge monoliths. Just amazing views.

The 3rd trail is when I was a rider with Travis (tjh) on Poison Spider in his Dragon....it has extreme orange rock ledges and walls to climb/descend, many larger rock obstacles and with a good deal of rain to really make the slick rock slicker! Travis was like Spiderman again this year, just awesome! He made short work of all the obstacles, went up, down, through. He really knows how to work the gearing and the e-brake to maximize traction. It was awesome to see!

Poison Spider also has some sand dunes so everybody had a great time blasting around that dune and getting the sand to fly!

Lots and lots of good fun was had on "the stoop". Terrific group again this year and we all had a great time. We had a pretty big group from the this forum including.....me, LDub, VX Crazy, Orion, Jay Dunford, Big Jim, Craig, tjh, MSHardeman, Zu4Two, SpaceCADETzoom, JoFotoz, Scott Harness, pbkid, NocturnalVX, VXIronWoman, mhill, Kodiak, Gizmo42, Triathlete, Todd & Linda Adams, Big Swede, MeowMix, WooHuu, Jack's Dad Brad, his sister Diane and girlfriend Whitney, Kodiak's sister, TLMP, Big G, Little G, several Trooper, Amigo and Rodeo owners I can't recall names. I'm sure I forgot somebody, so please add to this list.

It rained on and off for a few days but we still had a great time. This group has some really colorful characters and really kept the fun going......For some reason Lisa wanted to put my little purple VX in her mouth.........and Jo says it's going in the calendar for next year!

It's really an amazing experience and I highly recommend you try to attend at last once, even if just as a rider, it's well worth it and truly a great life experience. And the majestic physical beauty of the area is beyond description!

Crotchrocket we saved a sticker for you...forget who has it, but I'm sure you'll get it.

So plan on at least 15 mins to scroll through these pics.....particularly the ones of Seven Mile Rim and Poison Spider!
    Sit back and Enjoy!

http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/photokat4/

I've added many names to the pics.
    Last edited by VX KAT : 05/21/2011 at 12:13 PM

And lastly.....
    Everybody on the stoop says Hi, and glad to hear yer on the mend Rick! (aka RickOKC)

Last edited by VX KAT : 05/21/2011 at 09:16 AM

Made it home in 1 piece (both me and the VX). Had a shadow for part of my trip home! Photo's are slooowwwwlllllyyyyyyyyyyy downloading to photobucket. Will get them up as soon as possible. Got a busy weekend...daughter gratuates from college tomorrow, race on Sunday!