Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Where is everyone?

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    Anita, it's good to see you on the board again. It HAS been a while, but how could we forget you?
    I may not be an original owner, but I have owned my VX for more than 11 years now and, like you, I still love her as much as the day I picked her up. I am lucky enough to have her as a garage queen now, but I usually visit her a few times a week just to say hello.
    It's amazing that after so many years of ownership, when I park her and make my way to the house, I always look back. I still admire the design like it was handmade just for me.

Thanks for the kind words.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

I totally agree Anita! I see all those freaky looking Lexus SUV's nowadays that look like they're trying SOOOOO hard to look weird and cool and sporty and athletic and then I look at the VehiCross and it's design looks so effortless, like it could naturally be no other way. I can't find anything about it besides the fangs and horns that really look like they are unusual at all, but it still has a unreal presence that grabs everyone's attention. I'm like you, and when I get out of my truck I even turn on the garage light for a second so I can see it better before I close the door for the night!
    Canadian VXer!

Yeah, and what is it with chrome trim coming back in style? I thought we'd finally done away with that...yet here it is, as a feature around windows & stuff on newer vehicles. Gross.

Been a while since I've been here. Still have my OG VX. comin' up on 200k miles. Can you believe that I STILL have my original brakes!!! They keep telling me I have plenty of pad and it's cuz I'm mostly highway driving. I can't believe it. It's mostly OG except I'm on my 4th radio now. I still cameo my VX in my music videos and still get fanmail about my car. I'm workin' on a couple movies right now so I'm trying to figure out a way to sneak in my Proton as an Easter Egg. If you're in the LA area, our next big film/concert event will be on Jan 27th. My VX will be there. More info at www.FindingCleveland.com.
    Call me a geek, or maybe even nerd, but face the facts, we da ones be rulin' this world!

Still around as well

Still cracking the door open a smidge and peeping in...
    Yeah, I certainly miss the former days of the site's glory. I used to drop in several times a day, but after the site being down as long as it was and the inferior overhaul, well, I just drifted away. Since I'm also part of the detest Facebook crowd (never been there so far) that option is largely off the table.
    I still have my '01 Dragon and other than needing a good detailing and some cladding refinishing, she's still chugging along. I don't drive it as much but I still take it out for a weekly spin (okay sometimes bi-weekly). Replaced the battery a couple of months ago and that's about it.
    I do miss the ol' gang and the family feuds, banter and fun that were all part of being part of the "group". I guess my one regret will be never having made it to "The Stoop" at Moab before its demise. ::sigh::

6. The Following User Says Thank You to joeworf For This Useful Post:

ZEUS (12/15/2016)

I sold my VX about 6 years ago and almost all the VXers I typically responded to are either texting buddies, FB friends, 'family' I like to see in person, or all the above! Hell, my VX has changed hands twice since I owned it so a total of three owners have called it ZEUS! I still check in on ZEUS thru FB where the current owner & I connected. However, I visit this site when I need to recollect shared info, from time to time, mmm-hmm. On the bright side (for some), this new layout probably does not ignite "site supporter" pride-fights like it once did! Haha! But this 'new' format sucks, in fact, it just logged me out while I was typing this reply.
    And for the record, I still do not wear a seatbelt...
    Long live the VX!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ZEUS For This Useful Post:

siemprelisto (12/15/2016)

I also get "myfilestore" redirects instead of links that take me to updated threads on here. Sadly, this site is as broken as the Affordable Healthcare Act.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ipd For This Useful Post:

siemprelisto (12/15/2016)

I get the same annoying "myfilestore" thing to, does anyone know why this started happening?

I still check every day but there's not much going on. My truck is starting to fall apart a bit - most recently the exhaust tip on my PV catback fell off. Should hit 190K in 2017 - I also ordered the Tesla 3 so I'm not sure how much more I'll be driving the Proton.
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Super VXer
    Former Owner of 'ZEUS' aka 1031
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    On the bright side (for some), this new layout probably does not ignite "site supporter" pride-fights like it once did! Haha!
    Good to see you've matured and moved on to the point that you don't find it necessary to try to relive the past about such things anyway. Haha!

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU

It's no too late

Quote Originally Posted by joeworf View Post
    I guess my one regret will be never having made it to "The Stoop" at Moab before its demise. ::sigh::
    Although the actual Stoop was demolished, the group of VXers found the new "stoop" to keep the annual adventure alive. Sure less Vehicri' show up than the glory days, but the group and experience remains the same.

I'll be there once again in 2017, no Vehicross but I'll be there...

Yeah, I sure miss the "old forum" with the fun, banter and good info.
    I still detest FB, but it is the platform for now.
    I've only missed one Moab in 9 yrs, and it's still a ton of fun.
    Like Jon said, not as many VXs, heck, even I have a Trooper now.
    Glad to know you'll be there again Jon!
    IMO the new stoop needs more people for more fun! So come on out!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I also like to forums better than FB, maybe if we stop answering questions on FB that are answered and explained in the forum, I do post links to the forum and so do others but maybe we could refer people more than we do now and see what happens.

Jon, I am interested to see what vehicle you will bring to Moab this year.

It's the search function failure that makes people not want to go back. Since you figured out how to correct most of the 404 errors (by deleting "/forums" from the URL of the 404 error page, I have been able to find whatever I was looking for.
    But I know it's there, and often know who wrote it, so I can more easily sort thru the search results to find what I'm looking for.
    To a noobe, that's not possible.
    I'm always disappointed in FB users lack of willingness to invest any significant time reading up on all kinds of topics before hitting FB. ("What kind of tranny fluid does it take?" comes to mind this week). Unless you're stuck somewhere and really need that info immediately, I think the owners manual would be almost as quick.
    OTOH, FB is a totally different animal and is a short quick platform.
    ****** But I wish people would realize what a HUGE resource .info is AND REMEMBER how to EASILY correct most of the 404 errors....and you're basically golden!!! *****

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFish View Post
    Jon, I am interested to see what vehicle you will bring to Moab this year.
    Well then I don't want to ruin the surprise! I will tell you it's not the obvious vehicle that says JEEP on it.