Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 2005 Durango ABS Control Module Fits

Actual shipping costs were covered by ASI. Both Jamas and myself sent in the entire unit which weighs in at 7 pounds as opposed to the 3 pounds listed for the electronic unit only. Since ASI emails you a preprinted shipping label it is all covered in the original cost. I also e-mailed them before shipping it out and they confirmed this for me

yes. To be clear. $49 includes to and from shipping.

They also either cleaned, powder coated, or replaced the metal portion of the module. The thing looks BRAND NEW! I confirmed with dietz99vcross that his was the same.

So I would highly recommend sending in the whole unit for them to clean up for you.

I will take a side by side picture of the newly repaired module next to the replaced module when I do the swap.

Abs controller

FInally got the abs controller received from Scientific installed, and it works well. Thanks for the heads up on the rebuild option!

Ren

So are you guys all glad that you're getting the ABS working again? I really didn't like mine because it always cut my brakes off almost completely on bumpy roads just when I needed it most but now I only drive my VX in the winter and I am thinking of getting the ABS fixed. Sometimes when the road is a slippery I do go a little sideways so it seems like it might be the safe thing to do but then someone mentioned that he does NOT like ABS in the snow so I can't decide whether to keep driving without ABS or get it repaired. Was it worth it? Do you like it now that you have it back? Was the dash light the main reason you fixed it or was it for safety or for winter or what?
    Canadian VXer!

ABS controller deal on EBAY still?

Anybody got any feedback on how this process and the rebuild is working for them?
    Do we know if the original $49 deal is still holding?
    thanks, Disasterlady

Quote Originally Posted by disasterlady View Post
    Anybody got any feedback on how this process and the rebuild is working for them?
    Do we know if the original $49 deal is still holding?
    thanks, Disasterlady

Hi Julie!!

Same company offering it on ebay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ISUZU-TROOPE...431209&vxp=mtr

It's listed as a Trooper, but we've already confirmed that's no problem.

Also, I see he has it listed at $68.99, but he previously told me he'd honor the $49.99 if you write him and mention the Vehicross group.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Thanks Sue.

What ever happened to the Dodge Durango option?????

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by disasterlady View Post

thanks, Disasterlady
    I have a few months and a few thousand miles since the rebuild. Everything is work great so far.

I'm really please with the decision to rebuild the unit and the process was very easy and only took about 10 days.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Its been more than a year on mine and I am happy with the abs, there are days that I think the rebuilt unit is better than before. I like many hated the abs when and felt the pedal was way to quick to give the vibrating feedback. Since the rebuild I must say I feel the braking is much more progressive, but it is probably just my wishful thinking and grandmotherly driving.

I finally got around to installing this last week. Glad to hear that everyone is happy with the rebuilt unit. I will be giving it a good test on my 3k mile total trip with MOAB.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Hi Julie!!

Same company offering it on ebay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ISUZU-TROOPE...431209&vxp=mtr

It's listed as a Trooper, but we've already confirmed that's no problem.

Also, I see he has it listed at $68.99, but he previously told me he'd honor the $49.99 if you write him and mention the Vehicross group.
    Ok, so I contacted this seller the other day...email and phone....no knowledge of a Vehicross or doing this service for Vehicross owners, price was quoted at $100 but they weren't exactly sure, Trooper listing was for a different vehicle and could not be used for a Vehicross (whatever that is..lol) and kind of left me with that not so confident feeling about doing this. Waiting to hear back on specifics from their "sales" department, because I wanted more definitive info, just confusing.

Ah Geez! I read this entire thread and get all jazzed about getting the ABS module rebuilt and then VX4EJR leaves me hanging on a cliff!!

Has anyone heard anything else since last May? If not, I'll ping ASI to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyVX View Post
    Ah Geez! I read this entire thread and get all jazzed about getting the ABS module rebuilt and then VX4EJR leaves me hanging on a cliff!!

Has anyone heard anything else since last May? If not, I'll ping ASI to find out.
    Just an FYI....

Another ABS thread discussing rebuilding module, See Posts #57 -#67
    :http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ght=ABS&page=2

Here's another ABS thread where a VX owner used this company for the ABS rebuild as recently as 2 months ago for $69:
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...&highlight=abs

ASI = American Scientific in Rogersville, TN

Ebay ID: ate1234 = American Scientific

Global Solutions = ASI American Scientific

Here's the CURRENT listing on ebay for ASI but under the "Global Solutions" name:
    EVEN THOUGH IT SAYS TROOPER, THEY'LL DO IT FOR THE VX, AND MENTION THE VEHICROSS GROUP
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ISUZU-TROOPE...item1e8ea08c1f

Sweet! Thanks!

This is probably a newb question but if you remove that module can you still drive while the module sent off to be rebuilt? It's not working any way so it shouldn't matter, but have to ask.