Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Post All Moab Trip Pics/adventures Here

Quote Originally Posted by VXjunky View Post
    were the two amigos ever photographed together as a pair?
    I tried but it was too dark...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Wow, that sucks. He must have been crushed...his VX is very nice and he just spent a lot of time and $$$$ getting it that way. Was he able to get it fixed and get home? This was his first real wheeling trip...hope it doesn't leave a bad impression for him and he is back in the saddle soon.
    Yeah, that really sucked... However, we towed him to the stoop (nobody gets left behind) and he made arrangements for his brother to come to Moab with a trailer to get him home. We have a great group of people, and the convoy back to town with everyone's hazard lights blinking was a proud moment. I for one am going to be passing on a lot of the optional stuff from now on. Even the regular trails are getting harder, and I may be sticking to the slickrock and scenic trails... just going to Moab is great enough. Hanging out with everybody at the stoop & in town is a great time.

Tried uploading a few vids... failed.
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnalVX View Post
    Yeah, that really sucked... However, we towed him to the stoop (nobody gets left behind) and he made arrangements for his brother to come to Moab with a trailer to get him home. We have a great group of people, and the convoy back to town with everyone's hazard lights blinking was a proud moment. I for one am going to be passing on a lot of the optional stuff from now on. Even the regular trails are getting harder, and I may be sticking to the slickrock and scenic trails... just going to Moab is great enough. Hanging out with everybody at the stoop & in town is a great time.

Tried uploading a few vids... failed.
    I ditto that Gil, I dont want to tear mine up.......to me its more of a family reunion now!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Well, when it comes to breakage I think it comes down to sometimes #2 happens. As you know, I pretty much beat mine within its limits and have yet to break anything. If you pick a smart line, stay off the skinny pedal (except when needed) and know the limitations of your vehicles set up everything will go okay. If anything does break then there were probably some underlying circumstances.
    Don't want to scare everyone away from experiencing the wonders of the best trails anywhere....besides, I think you would tire of running F'n'T and Hells Revenge over and over again. A nd both of those are rated just as hard as anything else we run out there, meaning they offer just as much potentiel for #2 to happen as any of the others.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

I'm definitely going easy on my VX from here on out as well. Moab is great fun, but there is always the potential to thrash something. If everything falls into place, my VX is going to be looking brand new in the next few months, and I plan to keep it that way!!

Now that I have seen the carnage list, I want details!! How did Mike break his xfer case?

Bart

First time for me

Hey everyone,

Wish I could have made it up sooner, darn work always getting in the way of fun. Plus I had a fuel leak I couldn't find after a week. So Friday night I got serious finally found it behind the engine high pressure side, disassemble the EGR stuff and got it fixed. Was thinking that all that was replaced when I rebuilt the motor so it couldn't be there, wrong again.

Anyway, had an incredible time! Met some terrific people at the Stoop. Got some great advice on what trails to take and which to stay away from, BIG thanks to Gill, Cece and Bob. Stock VX besides the supercharger, like the sports car handling what else can I say. Got the Wells trail book and that was a great help. Saturday morning went on Hell's revenge and thinking why is this rated difficult ? till I got to the last mile of 6.5. But made it through and went on another moderate, "service road" trail that had a lot of great scenery. Did more playing on Sunday, don't remember where we ended up but had a great time and didn't do any damage besides a little paint from the skid plates..

Just wanted to thank all the people that helped get us off to a great start. Highly recommend it to everyone to go at least once, you can't go just once you will be back I know I will. Hopefully I can get there earlier and join the crowd next year.

Dan

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.

The ORW is home....

......safe , but in two wheel drive mode

Poor girl got the wrong end of my lead foot!!

Another AMAZING gathering in Moab...is it next year yet?

Photos etc to follow...gotta catch up on real life first!

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Now that I have seen the carnage list, I want details!! How did Mike break his xfer case?
    He was trying to climb an optional line near the end of Gold Bar Rim that I had just seen a couple jeeps try and fail. He started out in 4 hi (TOD) for whatever reason then switched to 4 lo. I doubt that switching is what caused it, it was the additional torque of the low range more likely. I never knew the TOD cases were chain driven. Think thats what popped. Cece has video of when it happened. You can hear it pop, it was loud. I thought for sure it was a CV since it sounded exactly like one.
    --Dave

Dan, what gives Hells Revenge it's high rating is it's optional stuff...Hells Gate, Tipover Challenge, the Hot Tubs, and Escalator...plus the end and the long steep climbs/descents throughout. Though, with the right lines, we have gotten many stock VX's through it unharmed.

Just took the "after" shots.

It'll probably remain this way for a while...the unpacking, cleaning, etc, of the camping gear, not to mention the actual car...It's way too intimidating to start while I'm still on vacation.

...plus I gotta find that heat gun somewhere in the unpacked tool boxes in the garage. And does anyone know if the gas tank skid plate is easy to remove? I think I want to bang it back out.
    THIS WE'LL DEFEND

Wear your scars with pride!

Quote Originally Posted by VX crazy View Post
    I ditto that Gil, I dont want to tear mine up.......to me its more of a family reunion now!
    Agree!!

And IMHO, there's still plenty of fun and beauty to be had running the same trails a year apart.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Man, looks like I will have to recruit some new wheeling partners soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo42 View Post
    Poked around under the rodeo when I got home looking for the source of the annoying new rattle. Didnt find it
    Better keep looking...I had a front drivers side rattle on Metal Masher on Friday, thought I fixed it when I found the loose diff bracket axle bolts, but no...went to change a leaking tire last night in the parking lot of the North Platte, Nebraska Taco John's and found that 2 of 3 nuts on the drivers side upper ball joint were missing! One bolt/nut was intact, one bolt was still there, loose, and one bolt/nut was gone entirely. That could have been ugly at 75 mph!

Moral: If you are out shaking the bejeezus out of your vehicle on wheeling trails (and Gemini Bridges Road), chances are you loosened some fasteners... check 'em!

Oh, and I got home OK, stayed in North Platte and this morning I got some new bolts etc and got the UBJ secured...
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Quote Originally Posted by djvx View Post
    Awesome!
    We want more! More carnage!
    Gil, If this was taken as "I hope people break tranfer cases and such" I sincerely apologize...But that doesn't mean you can send me the repair bills either
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Milwaukee WI