Page 100 of 197 FirstFirst ... 50 90 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 110 150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2951

Thread: Introduce yourself here!

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Welcome!

Lots of great members in Austin and I'm there twice a month on business so we'll have to have a meet sometime soon!

Help, encouragement, and some good natured fun at your expense are always available here...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

That's 3 new ATX members in the past 2 months

VX Austria

Hi All,

Just bought a 1999 VX 3.2 from the UK, but i live in the mountains of Austria, can't say how much i'm enjoying it and how many looks and questions i get about it.

I do a fair bit of motorway driving and as it has LPG/Autogas conversion this car is perfect. But where it really comes into it's own is in the snowy mountainous conditions, I've fitted top of the range winter tyres and it sticks to the road like glue.

All i can say about this amazing car is WOW......

Can't stop driving it with a big smile.

HI from the U.K.

Hi,
    I'm just about to get my first "Vehicross" !
    It's reasonably low mileage (60,000) so I was wondering at what point the cam (timing) belt might need changing?
    Many Thanks!

Paul

Welcome to the World

Hi Paul and welcome to the wonderful world of the Vehicross. If you are new to the VX you'll need to get hold of a pdf of the owner's manual. I'm sure that someone will point you in the right direction for it - I can't remember were I got mine but don't buy it, it should be free. You might even find a link on this forum if you use the search feature. The bottom line is the timing belt doesn't need to be replaced until 100,000 miles unless its had a hard life then it 75,000. But you'll find that sort of info in the user's manual.

Hello from MD

Hey all! well, you will quickly deduct from the lack of "VX" in my nic and no pictures of 'my' VehiCROSS, that I do NOT own one......YET.

I have dreamed of it since 1999. I have come closer to owning one lately than ever, yet it has slipped thru my hands again. (I will post it in the "FOR SALE ELSEWHERE area)

Funds are tight right now and I'm rollin' in my 99 Jeep Cherokee Classic...which I am completely in love with. BUT, my TWO dream vehicles are a cherokee (which I have wanted since I was 18....21 years ago!) and a 99 VehiCROSS.

I WILL have one someday. Right now, I just cruise through your forum and see the pics, hear the stories, see the love you have for your VXs. I'm like the orphan kid outside in the snow, pressing her nose against the glass so i can see inside to the family eating christmas dinner.

Okay, that's a little dramatic. But I DO envy you all.

My husband and I run an offroad club (since 2007) that is also a Christian Outreach. We have mainly *yawn* Jeeps and I enjoy being the 'odd one'. Although I now have my Cherokee, I used to be the 'black sheep' in a lifted 2005 Xterra. I got razzed all the time. but I wheeled it well.

I just wanted to stop in, say hi, and post up the one for sale near me. I hope I get to join you guys some day...with my own VX.

God bless!
    Last edited by XJXtian : 11/17/2010 at 06:42 PM

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    WELCOME

To all y'all new peeps that's joined up lately......

PS. Our club, ALPHA/OMEGA OFFROAD's website and forum are at:

http://www.alphaomegaoffroad.com

Please stop by!!! Join us out on the trails at Rausch Creek offroad park in PA!!!

I know it's wayyy less cool than a VX, but here's my XJ:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p...100_1120-1.jpg

Very welcome to the breed of new members.

For those whom already behind the wheel of a VX enjoy it all and for those whom still on the hunt for one be pacient,you'll be soon riding on one.

Greetings from NYC.
    Dakar was just the begining.

Greetings from Illinois to all the new Members. Enjoy the Ride ! ! !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

No worries XJ, the VX bite will only fester over time. You'll have a VX before you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    No worries XJ, the VX bite will only fester over time. You'll have a VX before you know it.

That's what I'm counting on!!!

Did you see the one I posted for sale? OMG

New member / 2001 Proton

Name's Michael. I am new to owning a VX, but not new to wanting one ever since I saw the concept vehicle at an auto show way back when, then being filled with joy upon learning it was coming out, then sad when learning the price. Im 30 now, back then not nearly the income to spend 30k+ on a vehicle. I also like supras ( another rare great vehicle ) and owned one for a while, moding it to over 500hp, until they stole it. I could not bare investing in another supra to likely get stolen again and decided to check current VX prices. I purchased a Proton 2001 VX w/ 94k on it about 6 mo. ago from out of state w/o doing an inspection, it has turned out good so far. I am looking forward to getting it to top condition, unfortunatley parts are hard to come by ( at least cheap ), I know an Isuzu parts place that imports from Japan and got some new trim peices that needed replacing, nice but costly. Im in the miami / kendall area and looking for good info for my VX, which brings me here.

Quote Originally Posted by espidus View Post
    I am looking forward to getting it to top condition, unfortunatley parts are hard to come by ( at least cheap ), I know an Isuzu parts place that imports from Japan and got some new trim peices that needed replacing, nice but costly.
    Welcome to VX ownership. But we're here to help!

No place besides e-bay for custom parts? I wish ToneMonday had not closed, I heard that was a great place for VX parts.