PBKID--- No, I'm not a rep for Crutchfield; just a very satisfied customer for over 30 years. Crutchfield has never let me down, and their toll-free telephone support can answer any questions on-the-spot.

I realize you are a professional car stereo installer at Best Buy (according to your forum profile). Yes, if I was going to have an aftermarket head-unit installed; whereas the VX dashboard might have to be taken apart/dismantled, then I would definately opt for someone like you to do the work for me.

However, replacing OEM automotive speakers are extremely elementary for the rest of us VX'ers and Crutchfield provides step-by-step instructions with their products that are explicit to the VX. Replacing OEM speakers are the quickest, cheapest, and most simple way to improve a vehicle's car stereo sound while maintaining the original OEM head-unit.

Consequently; for those of us who desire to retain the OEM head-unit, but want improved overall sound can accomplish this simple task by doing it ourselves and not have to pay extra money for a professional installer (like you) to perform a simple 3rd grade level task. Let's leave the very complicated stereo installations for you, and the very simple ones for the rest of us. Again guys, check out CRUTCHFIELD.COM before you make any purchase; their website is extraordinary!!!

Of special note-- if the OEM Isuzu Head-Unit is ever replaced on the VX; then it will make the OEM 6-Disc Changer inoperative, as CD commands can only be given by the OEM Head-Unit. This is why many VX owner's put the Ford Taurus Cup-Holder/Coin-Holder in the spot where the 6-Disc CD changer used to be; if they put in an aftermarket head-unit stereo.