View Poll Results: Would you support an International VX Meet?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! (Only check this if you are serious)

34 50.00%
  • Maybe, sounds cool but......

29 42.65%
  • Maybe, depends on much work I would have to do.

5 7.35%
  • No! Your strokes have made you loose touch with reality!

0 0%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: International VX Meet - Feeler Guage

Moncha - Suggest we start a location poll, but since you started the thread I think we ought to let you kick it off.

My initial suggestions for a location (in no particular order):

Denver, CO
    Kansas City, MO
    Memphis, TN
    Dallas, TX
    New Orleans, LA

Might be a good idea to have the voting open so we can get a feel for what destinations appeal to the widest geographic audience.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Moncha - Suggest we start a location poll, but since you started the thread I think we ought to let you kick it off.

Denver, CO
    Kansas City, MO
    Memphis, TN
    Dallas, TX
    New Orleans, LA

Might be a good idea to have the voting open so we can get a feel for what destinations appeal to the widest geographic audience.

Neither new orleans,dallas,memphis & denver would work,i pretty doubt any VX'er from washington,oregon,pa,ct,nj,de,ny,ma,vt,nh will travel to any of those cities except kansas.
    Dakar was just the begining.

Eugen Oregon.. is my first pick.........lol..
    whats wrong with Kansas??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Sounds like a very Californian thing to say, man.
    Thank you!

Best,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...

Quote Originally Posted by don moore View Post
    Eugen Oregon.. is my first pick.........lol..
    whats wrong with Kansas??
    They saying kansas is bored,kind of flat pancake land,i told them we can chase some tornados over,that's a lot of fun

My other option is nebraska,that state also offers a lot of locations to hold meet over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    Neither new orleans,dallas,memphis & denver would work,i pretty doubt any VX'er from washington,oregon,pa,ct,nj,de,ny,ma,vt,nh will travel to any of those cities except kansas.
    All the more reason to have a poll. Over 50 people responded that they'd be interested in doing this, so we need to get a consensus of more people than just the 3-4 of us who keep responding to this thread.

To be able to gather info from everyone that would, could, should be interested, This poll will close at the end of June. I wanted to make sure that folks that don't check in as often or are on vacation or... can have a chance to chime in. If this thread goes quiet for a period of time then I'll expedite the new poll for locations. Fair 'nuf?
    Scott / moncha.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    what about colorado??? no one has suggested that yet.. everyone likes the idea of kansas except its boring...well...colorado is right next door
    You know, I was thinking about this over the weekend, and Jack, I think this is the best suggestion yet. First off, yes, Colorado has a lot more to offer than say Kansas or Oklahoma. Second, while it isn't exactly "central" it is still pretty close. And most importantly, Colorado is where the Boss Man lives, and if anyone deserves to not have to travel far, it is Scott. Scott pretty much is the reason we are all still together on this forum, so it would only seem natural and fitting that this party gets hosted close to home for him.

AND, I have only been to Colorado once and I was like 8 years old and I would love to come and see some sights and a hundred VXes all in one place.

Bart

Wifey has always talked of going to Colorado so I could prolly talk her into it even if it's a long haul. Has anyone mapped out any potential trails for off roading? That will probably knock a few of the candidates out (such as Memphis or 'Nyorlans').
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Wifey has always talked of going to Colorado so I could prolly talk her into it even if it's a long haul. Has anyone mapped out any potential trails for off roading? That will probably knock a few of the candidates out (such as Memphis or 'Nyorlans').
    if we decided colorado....dont worry, i will find us plenty to do...in all walks of life.
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

My vote would be Colorado, beautiful state any time of the year. If it was set up for the fall the colors are second to none.....

Denver, CO
    Kansas City, MO
    Memphis, TN
    Dallas, TX
    New Orleans, LA

I think Denver and KC are probably the two best centrally located cities in the continental U.S. to hold this shindig. If (I mean WHEN) this happens maybe we could alternate having the meetup between the two cities. That way some years the westerners will have the shorter drive and some years the Easterners would have the shorter drive.

Just to throw a monkey wrench into the whole thing: If you want to have my true vote for the best city in North America to gather, I would hands down go with Montreal QC, Canada. If you have been there you know what I mean. If you haven't, then you need to go. I also realize this is just a pipe dream for me!

(Colorado is where the Boss Man lives,)

and he can take up on a tour of the work place.. have a showing there to show the rest of his peps how crazy we are...

Colorado
    Hmmmm i don't know guys.
    I guess if this meet is to held in colorado @ bossman home town then i may ship the horse over there & then take the amtrak train.
    I mean,if scott likes the idea of holdind the meet over there then bossman,brace your self,more then 100 VX's lining up front of your house could drive mrs laura crazy preparing all those hot dogs & hamburgers for all of us LOL
    Then from there have some activities going like some trails & convoying around town.But this idea might be not likely accepted by eastern VX'ers to drive more then 25 hours.i'll rather ship the horse since gas price could be around the same amount as shipping + save the mileage on the odo.
    Let's see what eastern VX'ers have to say about that.

hmmm.....

LA to Denver = 14 hr drive
    Houston to Denver = 16 hr drive
    Portland to Denver = 18 hr drive
    NYC to Denver = 26 hr drive
    Miami to Denver = 30 hr drive