Thread: Weird stuff you remember from your mis-spent yoot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    Did I say Ldud??? not intentional. Well I am very dissapointed that computers take longer to start up than a 19" 60s Zenith TV. I will never get over disco dying. I mean it was the perfect music. Thank goodness I have every disco song.
    What gets me is how we GUARD our children from violence yet our generation grew up on violence. All the nursery rhymes were violent. The three blind mice were cut up, when the cradle rocked the bough broke causing a baby to fall from a tree, Humpty Dumpty got busted up, London Bridge fell (imagine the cost), and that poor itsy bitsy spider.
    Then the cartoons were rabbits shooting and blowing up people and other animals. And no one knew what an anvil was used for. I thought it was made for dropping on heads. How many times can a cayote be hit by bus or train.
    I'm just sayn
    Think of all the other terrifying violent stuff we were exposed to...Snow White, Wizard of Oz, Pinoccio, to name a few.
    I remember when I was a kid, those flying moonkees scared the CRAP outta me...I kinda like em' now...
    And when the whale ate Pinoccio?...forget about it, Mom had to take me outta the theater. Perhaps three is a little young for Disney...

I'm amazeed that I turned out this normal...I know, not even close...

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Think of all the other terrifying violent stuff we were exposed to...Snow White, Wizard of Oz, Pinoccio, to name a few.
    I remember when I was a kid, those flying moonkees scared the CRAP outta me...I kinda like em' now...
    And when the whale ate Pinoccio?...forget about it, Mom had to take me outta the theater. Perhaps three is a little young for Disney...

I'm amazeed that I turned out this normal...I know, not even close...
    Man LduB, got it right that time, I still get the creeps when I see the flying monkeys. Heck, I get the creeps when I see the Monkees TV show. How could we stand the simple weak TV shows we had to watch. The Monkees, Partridge Family (GAG), the Brady Bunch, and Gilligan's Island. To sit thru an episode of The Facts of Life and the show with Gary Coleman would kill me. And soap operas. My mom watched them andI couldn't stay in the room. An actor would say something and everyone froze til it broke off into a commercial.
    But the candy was much better back then. Like a big Sugar Daddy or the Sugar Momma which was covered with chocolate. I remember they made a sweetart type candy that was cinnamon. It was something Pepper...can't remember...but so good

I remember picking up Coke and Pepsi bottles along the road for the 2¢ deposit (the big bottles were 5¢), then walking into the local 7/11 (they were actually only open from 7 to 11) through the fully open front end, and trading those empties for a nice cold bottle (real glass) of Coke (before Classic) out of the cooler by the curb (next to the vacuum tube tester). On a really good day, I had enough to buy a banana split at the soda fountain in the drug store. On my way home I’d walk through the woods to see if I could catch an Indigo snake to take home for a pet. If I was hungry I had my choice of mangos, oranges, avocado, guavas, and some fruit that had no names, all growing wild in the woods around my house.

I actually DO remember the sixties, although there were a few nights in the early 70’s that are kinda hazy. Wonder what happened to my paisley bell bottoms and Neru jacket?
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

First computer I remember using, doing programming in BASIC, saving data on a cassette tape:

Ah, if only I had enough forsight to have kept plugging away at those skills as opposed to burning the sacred herb and playing in bands....
    Best,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a Sith sense....I see Darth people...

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by snowtrooper1966 View Post
    First computer I remember using, doing programming in BASIC, saving data on a cassette tape:

Ah, if only I had enough forsight to have kept plugging away at those skills as opposed to burning the sacred herb and playing in bands....
    Best,
    Is that a crt monitor?, or a MICROWAVE on that thing?......

"Nuke the rainbow"

"Radioshack, the biggest name in little computers"...still a powerhouse of the industry!

I think there was enough radiation coming out of those old CRT's to qualify as microwaves.......
    Best,

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Old jam Jar in my tree house...

..full of national geographic "Topless" shots...

...and some "Sears" type Bra Ads!

OMG...I was so educated!

Now...we have the web...gone are the discovery days ....

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How about leisure suits?

Marine Boy, Speed Racer, McHales Navy, Gomer Pyle USMC, Hogans Heroes, episodes of MASH that were not repeats, Charlies Angels with Farrah (the first one name star) getting up to change the channel, antenaes, 4 channels but with more quality programming than we get on 150 channels now, Gilligans Island in black and white, Car 54 where are you, Mutual of Omahas Wild Kingdom with Marlin Perkins, Hemen like Tarzan and Superman who would be considered out of shape by todays standard, the old motto Gas, Grass or *** no one rides for free. The only real Star Trek with Kirk, Spock and McCoy and the Captain always led the boarding Party and scored a little alien tail. As opposed to Pecard always on the ship and if Ryker is #1 who is #2 and does anyone aspire to that title?

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    But the candy was much better back then. Like a big Sugar Daddy or the Sugar Momma which was covered with chocolate.
    It was REAL sugar back then. Now it's high fructose corn syrup...aka poison
    It was actually banned back then.Then somebody decided to help out the corn farmers(right after the Depression I "think") and took it off the banned,contaminated list. Eventually big business said Hey! it's cheaper than sugar let's use it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!