Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Permanent Fix for the plastic window tabs

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Here's the other one...http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...=bungee+window

And here's the one SlowPro posted...http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...63&postcount=9

Found in this thread...http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...=bungee+window

Which has a lot of useful looking links.

Just ordered a set! Both of my windows are not working .

I got a set a few months ago but I still haven't put them in yet Just haven't made the time to do the work. I suppose I'll do that this weekend as well as finally construct my rear storage box. I've been feeling pretty lazy these last few weeks. Could be because of the crappy, no-snow-only-rain we get over here.

Sounds like I'm in danger of loosing my title as king procrastinator around here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Sounds like I'm in danger of loosing my title as king procrastinator around here
    I think I bought mine about three or four years ago........still not installed....
    Correction: I bought them in 2008. :/

I have one extra SBC bracket, PM me if interested.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Seeking effective long-term window fix

The main problem is that it's not just the plastic tabs on the glass, but also 2 plastic tabs on the regulator track that are giving way/wearing. I need to put the old noggin back in gear and come up with another fix.
    Did you devise a fix? New OEM regulators from Isuzu did not solve the problem of my windows sliding out of their tracks when being raised.

As my 1999 Ironman did not get driven as much as most, neither did my windows get used much. My window problems began in 2012. I'm relatively new to dealing with this problem.

Is there an effective long-term fix? TIA.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    The SBC window brackets and regular lubrication of the tracks has solved the issues for me. The previous owner did the bracket install and I keep my tracks lubed with heavy duty silicone about every three months.

So far no issues in 6 years...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

SBC brackets

Seeing it installed in a VX would be helpful. TIA.
    Last edited by Bill Brown : 08/08/2014 at 07:07 AM Reason: Found a picture

extra brackets here

I have an extra set...PM me anyone if needed.

He took the vids during the 'window fixin party' at my place a few years ago. He's one of the lucky ones who has never had window problems. Anyway, we didn't have time for the adhesive to cure before the end of the day & I told everyone that they should not lower their windows for at least 24 hours. That's why he didn't show the windows functioning.

Long term is that on mine, the brackets didn't completely fix the problem. I still have tilting on the passenger side (even after tweeking the tracks and making adjustments to the regulator). The main problem is that it's not just the plastic tabs on the glass, but also 2 plastic tabs on the regulator track that are giving way/wearing. I need to put the old noggin back in gear and come up with another fix.
    The window lifting arm pulling away from the regulator track is the reason I came up with the washers on the regulator mounting bolts. The goal is to have the arm directly under the glass and still next to the track for the entire travel of open to closed. I tested this by raising and lowering the glass while it is unbolted from the arm. The plastic pad in the middle of the arm should stay under the glass from top to bottom of the track. Then bolt the window tabs.
    It does nothing for the window tilt. (separate fix) but it does help for the window pinching the rubber weatherstripping and pushing out of the weatherstripping. it does keep the arm next to the track. You will still notice a slight rockin of the arm due to the curve of the glass, but the arm will still stay close to the track.
    Sometimes I Wonder......
    Why Is That Frizbee Getting Bigger?
    Then It Hits Me

Talking how did it go

I bought my SBC brackets back when they first came out. Just dropped my car off at the shop this morning to have them installed.

Who is king of procrastination now?
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    I bought my SBC brackets back when they first came out. Just dropped my car off at the shop this morning to have them installed.

Who is king of procrastination now?
    Just returned from the shop where we talked about the SBC brackets. Who sells them?

cant remember

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brown View Post
    Just returned from the shop where we talked about the SBC brackets. Who sells them?
    It was a member on here but check out post 220 about 3-4 up he is selling his extra set

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brown View Post
    Bill, go see the post I just posted on the other window fix thread. It has the SBC contact info in that link I attached. Yes, they're still available and they're like $65 shipped.