Ok, I've already done an extensive search on this forum, VMag, and talked to a couple of Isuzu service techs about the subject.

Here's my story. I was driving home last night on the fwy from work when I noticed the TOD red "CHECK" light blinking. I said WTF! I was already about 1/2 way home from an hour and 45 min drive one way in stop and go traffic! Since I didn't hear any unusual noises or feel any difference in the driving performance, I decided to drive all the way home. An hour later, I exit and immediately pulled into a vacant lot and turned the engine off. I waited a few minutes and restarted it. The TOD "check" light is off initially and reappears blinking after a few seconds or so. I continue to drive home and did alot of extensive research on both forums last night. From what I read, I decided to wait and see whether the light will appear the following morning. And it did!

I drive to a local dealership this morning and they say their booked til next week and with it being a holiday week, the next open spot probably won't be til after the first of the year.

So, now my concern is whether or not it's a good idea to keep driving the VX as is since I'm sure I don't have 4wd currently. No bars light up as I press the gas from a stop. And no weird gut-wrenching noises or odd performance from the tranny or engine happening either. Just wondering, is there any potential damage or safety concern that could be happening while I'm driving since I do bring little Sabrina with me each morning and evening.

I also thought about reconnecting the battery to see if it clears the glitch but not sure whether that would be a good idea since I want the dealership to troubleshoot the code of what actually happened.

I haven't done anything recent like lubes or transmission fluid changes so I think that can be elliminated unless I have a recent major leak I'm unaware of. I checked underneath but didn't see any fresh leaks.

Anyone have any suggestions as I need this vehicle to go to work with a baby each day? Thanks in advance.

troubled in despair...