So I was talking about removing the quarter windows (just behind front doors) to allow my dogs some airflow and a place to stick their heads out. That was a long time ago. This weekend with about two hours total work I removed the glass (biggest pain in the ***) with a razor blade, cleaned off the left over glues/seal, got some Lexan and traced the shape of the window onto it. Make sure to press the Lexan against the factory glass to account for the curve of it. Drilled two holes in the frame around the window, used two existing holes, matched and drilled holes in the Lexan and viola I've got a removeable window!

Takes about 10 seconds to get out completely. I added the metal band straps with a slight bend in them to ensure the seal is water and air tight. They look better without the band but work best with. I may paint those parts black someday.

Makes the doggies happy! At least one of them, she wouldn't share the air space.

Total materials cost was ~$20 for the lexan *each window; $20 for the strapping material, was one stick and cut to length with plenty left over; and a couple bucks for the hardware and seal material. Oh, and I tack welded the four bolts into the holes I used for them. Easy breezy removal if/when needed and the original window can be reinstalled. I may look into the rear glass, but they aren't as easy to get to for cutting outs sake.