Quote Originally Posted by RickOKC View Post
I first remember seeing a VX in Mission to Mars. Thanks to HDTV, I finally noticed there was a badge in the grill while watching the movie for the 185th time a few years ago and zoomed in. "Isuzu? I must know more…" I looked it up on the internet (along with "why was Gary Sinise wearing eyeliner in Mission to Mars?") and was disappointed to learn the VX-O2 roadster was never more than a concept. Still, I stored away the knowledge that the production VX was extremely cool anyway.

Last year I became more and more frustrated while trying to get things done around the house with only a Mustang in my possession. Sometimes I need to transport something bigger than a toaster and I was tired of borrowing vehicles. The decision to add a cheap used truck quickly mutated into wanting it to include four wheel drive and be small enough to fit in the garage without being in the way all the time. That left a very short list of pickups like a Ranger regular cab 4x4 which, get this - turned out to be harder to locate than a VX. Finally, I decided to expand my search to include SUVs since they would also be big enough to meet my needs.

That's when I remembered the VX and I started researching it again (thanks, everybody!) After a few months of frustration trying to drag information and photos out of sellers and a loooong wasted trip to visit a VX in poor condition, I made contact with Pdmarty in Dallas after he posted his VX for sale here. I took a half day off from work and drove to Tx ASAP hoping it wouldn't get sniped by local Dallas shopper like the last one I found there. I was very happy when I turned the corner into his neighborhood and saw it gleaming in the distance. I was really excited when it looked just as good close up! Pdmarty had bought it from a friend (the original owner) but he only kept it a few months. It was going to be his son's vehicle but things didn't work out so he sold it. I bought it at 120k miles and have put on another 4 or 5k since July.

And, yes, it has fully served all of my needs when it comes to hauling cargo. It seems so HUGE compared to my car! It has also exceeded my expectations for fun and capability in snow as well.
Rick, your story is just like mine so I guess It doesn't need repeating