Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!!

Abnormal weather today...

Normal weather tomorrow...

Get used to it. It's called Global Warming.

Where's Al Gore???

Come on man, that's "Climate Change", not "Global Warming". Don't forget to put a red spin on it...

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by crager34
    Abnormal weather today...

Normal weather tomorrow...

Get used to it. It's called Global Warming.

LOL!! A "red" spin and an "Exxon" spin.

A part of global warming are large storms, so don't be fooled by winter storms such as the recent few in Colorado. Overall, they are still seeing above normal temps. The change isn't going to be all of the sudden. Such at our record hurricane season 2 years ago, then almost nothing last year. Look at the subtle changes also, such as Manate's in Texas, and Sharks in New England IN WINTER!!

Yeah, all tree hugging hippie crap aside, Global Warming is real, and humanity is on its way out...and we will bring most of the world's life forms with us.

I have felt this was since I was about 12 years old...and everyone thought I was just overly pessimistic. Now, its all coming full circle. But that's how 90% of humanity is, just ignore problems until you can't anymore.

We will pay for our greed and callous disregard for the environment. And sooner than we think I'm afraid.

I don't know about everyone else, but I think about what my VX is pumping into the atmosphere everyday....and yes, I feel bad about it.

My next vehicle will be a hybrid most likely, no matter how ugly they are, but still, I think it is all too little, too late.

We are doomed.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by crager34
    LOL!! A "red" spin and an "Exxon" spin.

A part of global warming are large storms, so don't be fooled by winter storms such as the recent few in Colorado. Overall, they are still seeing above normal temps. The change isn't going to be all of the sudden. Such at our record hurricane season 2 years ago, then almost nothing last year. Look at the subtle changes also, such as Manate's in Texas, and Sharks in New England IN WINTER!!

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask

I don't know about everyone else, but I think about what my VX is pumping into the atmosphere everyday....and yes, I feel bad about it.

My next vehicle will be a hybrid most likely, no matter how ugly they are, but still, I think it is all too little, too late.

We are doomed.

Bart

I concur

Oh my...I was about to grab a strawberry lollipop out of the pantry and kick back with some football, but now I think I'll just go fetal in the corner and weep bitterly.......What have we done????????????????

[South Park mode on]

"WE DIDN'T LISTEN!!!!"

[South Park mode off]

I live up in Park City, UT at 8000ft and usually atleast once a week I get to the drive the VX 2 miles uphill in 1 - 2 feet of snow. After about 18" it gets pretty tough to travel through. This morning we woke up to 3ft drifts. It's fun but I have a plow just for getting through those. The VX w/studded tires performs amazing through the snow and ice.

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimati
    Oh my...I was about to grab a strawberry lollipop out of the pantry and kick back with some football, but now I think I'll just go fetal in the corner and weep bitterly.......What have we done????????????????
    You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you! Damn you all to hell!
    ~ ~ ~
    Van Eyes - slightly trimmed, Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA head lamps, Red (port) & green (starboard) 5 LED 'headlight horn' lights, PIAA silicone windshield wipers, K&N Filtercharger (in stock air box), MacNeil WeatherFlectors, Assorted cargo nets from previous vehicles, Optima red-top battery, Transmission Interceptor, 20 LED 'light tower' turn signals & brake lights, 18W PIAA W2 running lights, Trooper skid plates, Black Luverne step bars w/Tone's custom brackets

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    I hope everybody remembers their swimming lessons...

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

I'm gonna take my lessons from Kevin Costner. Was Water World Prophetic?

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn
    I'm gonna take my lessons from Kevin Costner. Was Water World Prophetic?
    I took golf lessons from him, and he kept trying to hold me from behind....strange.

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    To get back on topic, I routinely* drive my VX in 4-Low up to about 45 mph. It sounds like the wheels are going to come off at that speed with the engine revving high through the low gearing and the t-case locked and whirring underneath, but it's still within the rev band of the engine. Just make sure you NEVER use 4-Low on dry roads! It needs the poor traction of snow, ice, or dirt to keep the axles from winding up.

* denotes routine behavior in "winter" which has yet to come to the Northeast! And on that off-topic topic, don't whip yourself too much about global-climate-warming-change... the scientific data says that it is happening, but it's only scientific opinion that says mankind is responsible for it. This is a critical distinction, but it is one that seems perpetually lost in all dialogue on the subject. Nature is more likely taking us for a ride than we are taking it for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by VehiGAZ
    And on that off-topic topic, don't whip yourself too much about global-climate-warming-change... the scientific data says that it is happening, but it's only scientific opinion that says mankind is responsible for it. This is a critical distinction, but it is one that seems perpetually lost in all dialogue on the subject. Nature is more likely taking us for a ride than we are taking it for a ride.
    I agree with everything you say up until the last line. There is enough hard evidence out there that much of the scientific community is starting to agree that mankind is at least partly the cause of the rapid global warming trend we've been experiencing over the last several decades. Yes, there are natural fluctuations, but if you study the science a little bit, I think it's difficult to deny that mankind is having an effect. Where there is still significant debate is to what extent and what can or should be done about it.

Electric and hybrid cars are definitely a step in the right direction, but there is another issue that needs to be addressed, which is America's dependence on foreign energy. This is another hot issue that has nearly reached the boiling point on several occasions, particularly during the oil crisis in the 70's and the present war in Iraq. The problem with electric and hybrid technology is that they still can't compete with the gas powered vehicles they are intended to replace. Diesel engines use compression, which is about 30% more efficient that gasoline ignition engines, and get much better fuel economy. The diesel passenger cars on the U.S. market today are far better than their gasoline versions, IMO. The only reason U.S. passenger cars favor gasoline is because of marketing and politics (which drove the "cheap" gas we've been chugging all these years).

I believe the best interim solution is to go diesel, phasing out petroleum based energy and replacing it with renewable biofuels. An all electric car that can hold a candle to a diesel in the same price range does not yet exist and is probably many years away from being mass produced. I've put my money where my mouth is and bought a 2006 VW Jetta TDi as my daily driver, and ultimately I'd like to drop a diesel in the VX.

OK, I'm getting off my soap box now!!!
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers