Hey guys,

Well, I am out in Reno now, and my VX made it. However, I am wondering about a new noise I am hearing now. I started noticing it as I was going up and descending steep mountain roads. There is a lot of this out here, and its going to be common place for me from now on.

Anyway, the sound is what I belive to be my diffs or trans grinding or stressing. I only hear it when I am accellerating and in gear. After I come down a steep hill, and stop at a light, I can hear and feel the VX growling. If I put it in NEUTRAL or PARK, the growling stops. Whatever the sound is, it does not sound good or normal. I did have my diff fluids changed right before I left. Also, it is shifting totally smooth and normal and driving seems otherwise unaffected. And this is why I am leaning toward my diffs.

Anyone have any ideas? I read a few older threads about diff noise and driveline noise, but the symptoms seem to be different (i.e., when coasting, I do not hear or feel this grumbling sound). I have not been able to determine if the noise is coming from the front, rear or middle of the VX. Its hard to tell over the sound of my roof rack slicing the air and the loose jar of change underneath that rattles non-stop (I gotta find this loose thing, its driving me nuts, I already found one loose heat sheild but it was not the culprit).

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks -Bart