Thread: Rear Door Popper Question...Again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb

MSHardeman, I will tackle the remote popper next! Like you have done, I will be wiring it to the factory (Rodeo) switch & wiring harness too. Wish me luck. I'll also be attempting to make it work off of my remote keyless entry keyfob... More relays!! Woohoo!

I don't have an answer for my problem yet (or yours), but I feel that I'm on the cusp of discovery! Check out the following link for an EXCELLENT primer on how to wire a simple relay. http://www.partsexpress.com/pdf/500-001.pdf I wish I could have found this earlier today while I was at work, "working" on this!

I think that once I print this out tomorrow at work and take a little time to soak it all in, that I might just get this figured out.

Some questions that I still have are: WHY? - Are the Dashlights and Switch pins on the Foglight pic BOTH connected to the Green w/Red Stripe and WHY? - Are there two Ground pins? and WHY? - Does the On Indicator pin LOOSE power when the switch is depressed (on) and have power when the switch is off? <--My negative trigger theory.

In the meantime... If someone doesn't mind scribbling something down and posting how this system should be connected, I would be very gratefull. If not, then I guess I'll post it once I get it fingered out.

Once more, I have: 12V relay that will be wired to pass current to the lamps when the high beam circuit is energized. (12V to Relay Terminal 86 / WAIT! I think it all just gelled!!

Like Monchas picture shows... "On Indicator" pin goes TO RELAY. Yes... I read this before, but it didn't make any sense... until now! I guess I WANTED to have a 12V souce going to the relay to trigger it, but I DO. It is the 12V from the High-beam... the factory switch provides the Ground for the relay to operate! (For some reason I had it in my mind that the Foglight Switch was going to pass 12V to my relay... It all seems so simple now...)

Thank you to everyone who listened while I thought out loud! (Now I just hope it works when I try it out!) ...I still don't get why the Dashlights pin and the Switch pin are connected to the same wire. Does anyone have a wiring diagram of these two switches??

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesia
    ...I still don't get why the Dashlights pin and the Switch pin are connected to the same wire. Does anyone have a wiring diagram of these two switches??

The dashlights and the switch pin are connected to the same source 'cuz I wanted to have the foglights come on only when my head lights (parking lights) are on. The dashlights is a given, it powers the internal light in the switch. but since I only need a low draw to activate the relay, it worked well for the switch part as well.
    Scott / moncha.com