I have a '00 Ironman and just suffered a blown motor..... The original owner I just found out replaced the motor at 25,000mi and now Im replacing it at 51,000mi.... Both myself and the original owner kept the truck in tip top shape as we both did synthetic changes every 2,500mi..... I never had problems keeping the oil in the motor. I was told the reason my motor is blown is because the 3.5L V6 had a top end oil problem.... Oil is not getting to the top of the #3 cylinder and it seizes.... of course the motor is still running so it snaps the connecting rod( this would be the tapping noise everyone hears). Isuzu is replacing my motor under warranty and setting me up with a stronger oil pump(to get the oil up to that #3 cylinder) and making some mods to my head to allow the oil to flow better. Ive had the pcv valve problem and dont think it has anythin to do with your motor blowing( just stalling and check engine light coming on). What worries me is the fact my warranty ends at 75,000 mi..... If my motor blows on schedule again Ill be buying one. I talked to the dealership about maybe getting something new because of these problems but was only offered 9k for a trade in! I bought it new a yr 1/2 ago for $19,000..... What a rip off. I think my next vehicle will rely on a japanese manufacturer since Ive had no luck with american motors. Anyway I take extremely good care of my VX and drive it gently so this proves there is a design flaw in the motor and no one is immune to this problem.