Thread: Fuel Pump, Car Stalls at Idle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    maybe their fuel pressure gauge is wrong....
    Last edited by AZMusclecar : 06/24/2019 at 06:54 AM

So just to update you guys on whats been going on. I ended up finding a fuel pump from O Reilly's auto parts that had a fuel pressure rating of up to 80 PSI that was comparable with the VX. Took it to AAA. After about 4 days they finally got back to me and said that they are absolutely stumped. Their "ADVANCED LEVEL TECH" knows the car inside and out by now and can't seem to figure out whats wrong with the car. They also told me that they've been in contact with Isuzu and together are still unable to solve this unsolvable problem. They told me that my next best bet is to take my car to an Isuzu dealer and see if they would be willing to work on my car. However, as Isuzu no longer sells cars in the U.S. the dealer in question is essentially a Chevy dealer, which i'm sure would just be another hit and miss. I'm planning on just taking the car back home and putting in some more of my own elbow grease to try and get to the bottom of things. On the bright side, they tested/replaced several parts such as the fuel pump, fuel filter, FPR, fuel lines, intake gasket, etc. so my laundry list of things to do is possibly smaller. Luckily I'm only being charged for diagnosis haha. I'm sure I'll have more questions down the line so I'll make sure to post them back to this thread.

Also FYI, I finally got approved to join the facebook group, so I will definitely be on there as well. Happy to be part of the VX community and hopefully I can get my VX up and running soon!