Thread: Feb 2018 Video Review

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    He, like pretty much every other pundit in the known universe, is wrong on the selling numbers though. VX was always intended as a low-volume vehicle. I really wish people would stop referring to the low sales numbers as proof that it wasn't a popular/good car.

-"Stock" does not include the plastic on the front bumper
    -nor the step bars
    -nor the tow hitch & hitch step

-"This wasn't really intended to be a sporty, high performance SUV" LoL, um....WHAT? No wonder you think the price is outrageous. Can I have some of what you're smoking Doug?

-Can't get in the back seat. Ok, Mr. Geriatric. And you didn't even fold them flat or forward to show the additional versatility of the interior.

-That "truck feel"...that's what BODY ON FRAME is called. /facepalm

-"It was too expensive" That's pretty much standard for a HALO car. Also, it had more groundbreaking tech on a production vehicle than almost any in history.

-"It was weird looking". Sure. And it also aged better than ANY of its similar-year brotheren, still looks modern (eg. 2016 Jeep Cherokee), and proved that Isuzu had the brass balls to bring a concept car to production.

"Largely impractical, thanks to 2-doors" Yet this isn't an issue for Wranglers, Broncos, Jimmys, Evoque, etc, etc, etc? Did you even bother to show how much space is in the back with the rear seats forward?

-4 out of 10 on importance? Let's see. 1st production vehicle with this type of suspension (standard on Raptors & all high-end vehicles now). 1st with ToD (standard on virtually every grocery getter SUV now). 1st with ceramic die stamped body--allowing it to come to market cheaper and in a shorter time; also reused so much of the existing parts bin that it probably deserves special mention just for that.

I've liked doug's reviews in the past...but I'll agree, this one missed the mark. He might have been more impressed if he let the air out to 15 psi & lead-footed it over some sand dunes.
    Last edited by ipd : 02/17/2018 at 06:17 AM