Thread: New Mexico build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Had to do a few things before I shipped it.

Brakes. Front and rear pads, and one rear rotor. Done.
    ABS light still on - but I'll come back to that.

Power steering - replaced high and low pressure lines. Leak fixed. Should have swapped the pump too - now I have to go back in there again. Sigh.
    Word to the wise - PULL THE RADIATOR TO DO THIS JOB. Seriously. If you decide not to, well, I told you so...

Snagged a set of 15 inch old-school turbines with a black finish. $100 for the set - I love them. Two of the tires were trash, two looked decent. Replaced two - so I'm running 31.5x10.5 15LT. I really like the look. I'll get pix posted. The tires run out from under the wheel wells by about 3/4 of an inch. I think it's an awesome stance. I do have to carve the front fender plastic just a little - it rubs on a hard turn.
    Update. Complete false economy on those two old tires. One blew up within 20 miles of running it, taking out the fender plastic (and tweaking my fender too!!). Two more brand new tires going on tomorrow. I'm chucking the other old one while I'm at it.

Turns out the radiator was fine (BONUS!). Just a bad radiator cap. But I went ahead and did a good coolant flush while I was there.

Ok - truck has been shipped, and arrived in LA last week - my brother met me there and we trailered her back to Belen, NM.
    Stopped and met up with Butch (up in Wrightwood) on the way! Great guy - set me up with a pair of shocks (for the OTHER truck) to be rebuilt. Thanks Butch! I like his radiator mod - electric fan out of a Caddy.... I might do that....
    Last edited by Kuehjo : 08/28/2017 at 12:00 AM