I start working night shift tonight so I had to stay up all night anyway to get my sleep schedule adjusted. Since I was up anyway I decided to go ahead and take the vinyl off the rest of the hood. I can't believe just how bad this vinyl wrap is. Maybe it is just very old. I really don't know but it did not stand the test of time. After this experience I don't think I will ever wrap a vehicle. Well, not unless I know it is going to be a temporary wrap anyway.

While working, I was thinking of what color to paint the VX. I should probably start a poll for this, but I only ever see a few people on here and not sure what kind of response I would get and the paint is probably a month out. Anyway, I was thinking desert tan/sand/something or other. The wrap was covering some minor dings that look like hail or maybe small stones on the hood. I have discovered that wrap can coverup a lot of errors in body work. I am hoping that the roof isn't covered in small dents as well, but I won't know until I get the wrap off.

I also discovered that the damage to the drivers fender isn't as bad as I thought and I should be able to fix it with a little bondo work. What I thought was a crater turned out to be two small(ish) dents. Unfortunately each has a crease in the center of the dents, which means no way to fix the metal. So I either need a replacement, or some some minor body filler work. The body filler seems the cheaper route since I am going to be painting anyway. I'll try to get some pictures up when I can. Converting my covered parking into a paint booth should be fun, and it will also give my wife a chance to yell at me about making more of a mess! LOL!