Thread: Where is everyone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Guess I'll never be meeting up with anyone then.

Oh wow. I think it was the changeover and was gone for a while. And it snowballed because the only reason I checked this was to see new conversations, but if there are no new ones, I would check and see a ghost town, so stopped looking here daily...weekly... It's apparently been so long since I logged in here that I had to accept some agreement before I even posted this reply. heh. Even the trove of knowledge is hit/miss because I often get errors now, and the searches don't seem as responsive (especially if you're coming in from google). Facebook, as mentioned, has leeched some, but I think that's because in a way it's convenient, and one doesn't have to go out of their way to log into something on the internet that's vx specific...on fb it's just part of your feed. Regardless, I too worry about the information base lost by a fb page vs forum. I think it's kind of internet use in general, though; I'm frequenting a Ford Fiesta ST subreddit after buying that car a few months ago. Reddit sees my eyes over the associated car forums because it's not out of the way too. I think maybe all car forums are becoming a little like that, except for troubleshooting and/or maybe classifieds--and those things get smaller and smaller if the car the forum is about is disappearing from the planet too.
    THIS WE'LL DEFEND