So,

Couple of weeks ago, the VX decides it doesn't want to shift into 3rd and forth. No grinding, crunching, or other noises that have been associated (limited experience) of me destroying a transmission. so upon searching the web, saw stuff about losing "A" and "B" bands, low or dirty transmission fluid. So I shot from the hip and planned to replace the fluid and all the solenoids hoping I really didn't crush my transmission. Ordered this kits, http://www.electricaladvantage.net/4...t90-99oem.aspx and received it earlier this week. Plan was to drain on Friday, replace everything Saturday, and pray on Sunday. Well, started a day and a half late and as this is my first time doing it, learned some lessons. Definitely remove the center crossbar (4 bolts each side and there should be two hard-to-reach center bolts, though I only had one). Outside bolts definitely need replacing. Started my drain and I did not even come close to the 9 quarts that should've been in there (had I changed my fluid when I bought it, probably would not have had the issue I had). Removed the small pan and found out it didn't have a gasket on top of making a tremendous mess. Be careful, wiring harnesses are very very brittle. Unscrewed what should have been the TCC lock-up solenoid and noticed my replacement did not have the extra body that was used to screw it into the housing. In fact, it looked just like the "A" and "B" shift solenoids. Sent an email to the company so they can explain. Also, just realized the EPC solenoid body may have the same issue. Has anyone ran into this same issue?

Kent