Hey all! I need some help/advice on an issue on my runner. Normally I would go over to yotatech or ttora, but I know you all are fart smellers, and lets be honest, the guys on those other sites seem to have no regard for other peoples vehicles so sometimes the advice is off and they dont care.
So I busted another (3rd set) ring and pinion in moab two years ago. I limped her by until two months ago she finally gave out. long story short, I decided to shave a few hundred dollars off the install and drop the axle myself and just pay a professional to do the shimming and spacing.
Well, I got everything back yesterday and started re-assembling last night, got nearly everything back together, and in true form the last item to go on is the drivers side axle shaft and were in business. Well I go to slide the axle shaft into the housing and it stops about 1/8" short! Theres nothing in the way, the treads for the hub bolts are threaded halfway and I cant find any reason it wont go in the rest of the way. Now, if I spin the axle shaft everything is fine, if I snug up the hub bolts (not enough to suck the hub to the housing) the axle binds and wont turn.
No bueno.
So, I know that this isnt a vx, so it isnt exactly what you all are familiar with... But do you think maybe I just need to fiddle with the e locker a bit? (engage, disengage) for it to slide into place? That was my only thought was that maybe the locker is engaged and its blocking the axle shaft from sliding in?
I read a thread on t4r that another guy had the same problem, they told him to quit being a pansy and suck it together with the bolts. His response was that it eventually popped loud and dropped into place. I dont really like the idea of a loud pop inside my axle where o cant see whats popping?!
Let me know what you guys think, maybe nothing because these darn yota problems dont belong on an isuzu site