Thread: TOD, ABS Woes. Yay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    So, just to be clear here, does the TOD on/off mod, the one that basically just uses a switch to complete or break the circuit with the controller module, require locking hubs or any other supporting modifications?

-V
    Yes locking hubs are required, not sure what would happen if you continuously ran the TOD off with the hubs locked. I do know the wheels would be turning the drivetrain rather than the drivetrain turning the wheels.

I was able to look at a few things last night. I checked all the fuses to see if the ABS fuses were pulled or bad. They were both good. So no explanation as to why that light is on.

Removed the passenger seat to check to see if a previous owner unplugged the TOD... Not the case. So no explanation as to why the entire TOD display is not lighting up.

Also jacked up the car and removed both rear wheels, checked for any slop in the wheel for a wheel bearing or a dragging rotor and no issues there either. I'm gonna try re-greasing things to see if that helps.

So last night was a total bust. Is there a fuse or relay for the TOD? Just trying to figure out why the TOD display doesn't light up. I'm not super worried about the abs and I'm sure I can figure out the rotational noise but I have no clue on the TOD
    Thanks- Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Amish View Post
    So last night was a total bust.
    There there, that's no way to look at it. Try to see it as an exercise in intimacy with your new rig. Sounds like you got to know it in one night more than many do in several months, if ever.

Regarding the actual issue though...? Have you considered it may just be a lighting issue? The sound of the drivetrain is noticeably different with TOD engaging. Try to break it free on snow, ice, sand, or other slippery surface and see if you can feel or hear whether it's functioning. Also, try placing it into 4-Lo and see if that wakes anything up. Doing so should illuminate the full front and rear indicators.

Good luck, keep us posted.
    -V
    -VI VX VNIVERSVM VIVVS VICI-

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    There there, that's no way to look at it. Try to see it as an exercise in intimacy with your new rig. Sounds like you got to know it in one night more than many do in several months, if ever.

Regarding the actual issue though...? Have you considered it may just be a lighting issue? The sound of the drivetrain is noticeably different with TOD engaging. Try to break it free on snow, ice, sand, or other slippery surface and see if you can feel or hear whether it's functioning. Also, try placing it into 4-Lo and see if that wakes anything up. Doing so should illuminate the full front and rear indicators.

Good luck, keep us posted.
    -V
    Tried 4Lo last night and it def works but didn't change anything with the TOD not lighting up. Hopefully I can spare some time this weekend to keep digging.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Just in case you haven't...

Download the service manual and go to section 4B2-1 (page 350) and read through the checks system there.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    Just in case you haven't...

Download the service manual and go to section 4B2-1 (page 350) and read through the checks system there.
    Where do I find this to download?