Thread: Not Original VX Owner Roll Call

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I loved VX's since I first saw them in '98! But at the time, there was no way I could have afford one. Back then, my wife was driving 1996 2 door Rav4 (another quirky car), around '99-'00 were at a dealer looking at some cars and spotted a used '99 VX with around 10k miles for $27k. At the time, I had an impulse (no pun intended ) to trade-in the Rav4 and buy the Isuzu (for my wife), but she didn't want to do. In retrospect, it was a very smart decision (we went on to have 3 kids, so she needed a much larger vehicles!). I haven't really considered another VX for another 12+ years!

Until last fall... I am a hard core Mitsubishi guy! So, when I was looking for a '05-'06 Outlander, I ran into VX ad that used Mitsu Outlander as one of its search tags. It was a copper colored, raised, w/ 33" tires VX from Boston (someone referenced it on classifieds here) for $5500. Though, I am not a fan of copper colored cars, that car re-ignited my interest in, now much cheaper, Vehicrosses!

I got really lucky spotting Henry's Proton on this forum, then I got lucky finding really cheap, reliable transport (only $410, NC to Mass) and lastly, I got really lucky with Henry being an honest guy (in both handling the transaction and describing the car to me).

Now, I couldn't be happier with my VX! I am truly enjoying driving it! I can't recall the last time I was this pleased with a car (and I buy/sell a lot of cars)!!!
    Last edited by Leon R : 02/05/2013 at 02:16 PM